What Monitor to use for my BrewPi?RaspberryPi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloombrews

Brewing since 1994
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Only HDMI "monitors" I have are my T.V.'s.....too big to use as a shield on top of a little Pi and too big to lug around my brew-house!
Not sure if a small shield-type is best or just get a stand-alone and sit it next to the Pi...I think I should limit the size to something I can carry around if I need to taxi it somewhere.
thanks for your 2-cents!

Do you have a tablet or smartphone which you could use to access the web interface on the RasPi? That's what I would do.

You may also want to ask a moderator to relocate your thread to the Automation section. I suspect your question would get read over there by more people with BrewPi experience.

"What Monitor to use for my BrewPi?" Every monitor in my house!

I wouldn't slow down a Brewpi by running X-11 - and you wouldn't see anymore than you would by accessing it's web page from a different machine. I've got a a dual core cheapo celeron computer out in my garage that I use for brewing - I control the brew pi and run Beersmith there when brewing.

You would definitely get more/better responses in the DIY forum. However, the beauty of the BrewPi is being able to access it over a network via a web interface. I often use my phone or iPad, and sometimes a laptop.

If you're talking about accessing the Raspberry Pi desktop operating system, you'll definitely need a monitor as far as I know. Small ones can be had fairly cheaply on Amazon.

Back