What keg kit to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlpred55

Reaction score
The SWMBO asked me the other day..."wouldn't it be easier to put that in those kegs we see at the homebrew store?" My response was rant of the benefits plus remindering her how much she hates waiting for her special beer to be ready to drink.

I have 2 extra fridges. I have the money. I just don't have the stuff. What I want to start with is just a two keg system, with a regulator, the cobra taps etc, so I can start. I can buy the faucets and stuff like that later. I want to be able to serve the kegs at two different pressures if necessary. SO what do I need and where to buy?

I just posted this link for someone else lol...I bought a variation of this one...

3 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Standard Kit

Great site to buy from. I substituted the single regulator for a dual body. The kit is a great deal, came in perfect condition. I highly recommend it.

Half of the forum will direct you to KegConnection (like TheMan just did). The other half will probably send you to Midwest. I went with Midwest, but in my opinion, it's really 6 one way, half a dozen the other. Happy hunting!

Edit: You'll just need a basic kit with a dual stage regulator (should have a total of three regulator guages--one that reads the CO2 canister pressure, and two others that each read the keg pressure, each of which can be dialed in to your preferences).

Like this: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4884

Sorry to keep editing my post. You can buy a basic kit with a single stage regulator, then add a secondary regulator on top for maybe $40-50 more. But, make sure the regulator in the kit and the "add-on" secondary one are compatible.

I just posted this link for someone else lol...I bought a variation of this one...

3 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Standard Kit

Great site to buy from. I substituted the single regulator for a dual body. The kit is a great deal, came in perfect condition. I highly recommend it.

Aside from the Kegconnection vs Midwest, that kit seems like a really poor value.

You're spending $70 more than the 2 keg kit to swap a second regulator (-$50) for a manifold (+$20), and get an extra keg (+$30), extra set of disconnects (+$10), and extra picnic tap/beer and gas line (+$10).

-$50 + $20 + $30 + $10 + $10 = +$20, but you're paying $70.

Thanks for the help. I am going to check out my LHBS first as I like to buy local and support them whenever I can. I will keep the keg connection and midwest in mind. Looks like they are both right around $210-215 shipped.

Lotsa luck with whatever/wherever you decide to buy. I'm a fan of the kegconnection guys. I ordered a triple setup along with an extra stout faucet (gas to be added later) and did lots of substitutions for faucets and a gas connection. They were friendly and prompt and very willing to work with me. The components shipped the afternoon that I ordered them and arrived a couple days later, all assembled and in excellent condition.

Back