What is your favorite cheap & easy to get hop for IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopstupid

Reaction score
I love citra, galaxy, nelson sauvin, amarillo, simcoe alot but sometimes they are hard to get and are pretty pricey. Do you have any recommendations on certain hops or hop combinations that are easier to get then the Patented varieties? I'm looking for late addition/dry hopping use.

Agree with the old faithful cascade. I also usually grab some Chinook every year as it tends to be cheaper per oz than many of those others and I think compliments them nicely in late additions. I actually love it for bittering IPA's and being high alpha you don't need much, but I know some seem to find it harsh. Centennial has been my other go-to for many of the same reasons - can almost always find it in stock, usually high enough alpha to bitter with, and pairs very well with the other listed for late additions. Only thing is it seems to be getting more expensive than I remember it being in the past (but still cheaper than those others).

Edit: jinx :)

Latest posts

Back