What is the latest on Ventmatic & Perlick SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerj

Reaction score
I strongly believe in buying high quality gear and want to go all SS with two taps. You end up saving in the long run on stuff that doesn't fall apart.

I was about to go with my first keg kit from kegconnections. I wanted the Perlick SS 630s, but they pulled them off their options. I called kegconnections and they said they were having some trouble with them. It'll be the end of the month before they are back in stock.

This led me to some research on the ventmatic SS and I saw the review on here on the sad state of their v3.

So now I'm wondering if the v3 still are flawed/faulty and if I should wait for the 630s?

Interesting. KegConnection is still selling them looks like. I have 5 of the original ventmatics that I love. I finally added a 630 earlier this year, upgraded the kegerator and I kept waiting for them to get the ventmatics straightened out then got tired of it. I've heard the 630 has a tendency to leak, so far mine has been fine except one time after cleaning it was leaking continuously. Took it apart again, couldn't see anything amiss, hooked it back up and it was good to go. That was the only time, otherwise have broken it down multiple times and served 5-6 kegs on it and it was fine.

JUst now getting into kegging. This trouble with leaks and machine flaws...so surprising. I would have thought in such a booming industry that they'd have nailed this all down???

Meh. I run a half dozen first-generation 525SS Perls without any issues whatsoever.

I've not read of the new generation 6XX Perls "having a tendency to break" anywhere on HBT. [misquote - sorry]
Dribble, perhaps, but once you get to know how these faucets work you can tune them to be perfect...

Cheers!

Meh. I run a half dozen first-generation 525SS Perls without any issues whatsoever.

I've not read of the new generation 6XX Perls "having a tendency to break" anywhere on HBT.
Dribble, perhaps, but once you get to know how these faucets work you can tune them to be perfect...

Cheers!

I didn't read the trouble with the 630SS on HBT. I noticed kegconnections wasn't offering them as an option in a keg system and called. They told me there was some trouble with the 630, so they were pulled.

I didn't read the trouble with the 630SS on HBT. I noticed kegconnections wasn't offering them as an option in a keg system and called. They told me there was some trouble with the 630, so they were pulled.

I've got three 630's and they've been awesome. When I first got them and before I ran beer into them they felt too easy to open and close but I adjusted the bonnets and once there is beer pressure in them they feel nice and secure. Haven't had any leaking or dripping issues. Perhaps they had trouble with supply rather than meaning there are problems with the 630. Plenty of people on here use them with no issue.

Rev.

I just installed my 630SS's, two of em, got them from the beverage factory in a set that included all the necessary shank hardware also, I hooked my keg up to one and they seem very good.

Welp. I realized that I can take the faucets off the kegconnection kit order. So I bought them through ritebrew for a great price. Just picked up the freezer tonight. I have a DIPA and a scotch ale in the basement. I'll be all tapped up and ready to pour by Sunday night!!!

I noticed kegconnections wasn't offering them as an option in a keg system and called. They told me there was some trouble with the 630, so they were pulled.

First I've heard of problems with the 630's... I smell lies... :D
:mug:

Ventmatics are alive :) this is the V4.
image_3.jpg

image_1.jpg

Look up Beveredge equipment company in Wisconsin. The valve is plastic for now, metal ones will be made in a month or two. No leaks or stickyness.

This company is the OEM for these faucets. Ask for Greg if you have any tech questions about them.

I bought three of the 630's and been having issues with one of them. When I first got it, it leaked. I took it apart, reasembled and that seemed to fix the problem. Now the on the same faucet, I seem to get a bunch of air in the line in between pours, which causes tons of foam. Not sure whats going on.

Good to see the Ventmatics back. Perlick being the only option helped drive prices way up. Hopefully Ventmatic can stick around long enough to make forward sealing faucets more affordable again.

Call Beveredge equipment and ask them for help with your 630. He's studied those faucets and has helped customers with issues before. I was freaked about about people who had leaks with the new perlicks. That's why I went with these new Ventmatics. But I also put plastic inline shutoffs on all my lines, when I'm away for a weekend.

Back