What is the closest Wisconsin town to Minneapolis that i can buy new glarus beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swem

Reaction score
Heading back to the twin cities in december for a vikings game and I was wondering how much further I would have to go to pick up some new glarus deliciousness. Someone in the know, please help me out.

Hudson is right on the border near 94. It's a pretty small town, but you should at the very least be able to find spotted cow.

I thought they actually distributed a bit to the twin cities. Like that was the one exception to the 'only in Wisconsin' rule. I might have imagined that, though.

I'm not aware of the willing distribution to the twin cities, but Hudson is across the river and is your best bet. I would try to get my beer run in on Saturday though, at least if you are buying anything that's only distributed in the twin cities. No alcohol sales on Sunday for retail in Minnesota.

If you are traveling on I-94. Menomonie has a store not far off the interstate. Marketplace is the name. From the interstate travel south to the first set of lights and take a right.

Pick up some Rush River or the beer brewed right in Menomonie from Lucette brewery. Both IMHO are better brands.

First exit on the Wisco side of the river when you cross on 94. Turn right at the DQ and the next business is a wine bar and liquor store called Casanova's. Great people. You can also have any growler filled with whatever they've got in kegs -- stuff from New Glarus, Three Floyds, Southern Tier... it's like heaven!

Also in Hudson is Chicone's. It's next to the big County Market grocery store in the large commercial area just south of 94 (2nd or 3rd exit).

Good to know!
I might have to make a trip there someday. I'm all the way on the west side of the cities, but hey. Its worth a trip I bet.

Latest posts

Back