what i have in the fermintators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
ok from left to right , its a belgum tripple that i put strawberrys in , middle is a iris red stout , and in the ferm bucket is a red ale , just wantd to share a pic :mug:

3 FERM.jpg

ok from left to right , its a belgum tripple that i put strawberrys in , middle is a iris red stout , and in the ferm bucket is a red ale , just wantd to share a pic :mug:
i hope you don't carry those full carboys by the screw-on handles. there are plenty of stories of the neck of carboys breaking off when all the weight of a full carboy is supported by that one handle.

I made a Citra Maris Otter SMaSH IPA and it was one of the best beers I have ever had.

BertusBrew said:
I made a Citra Maris Otter SMaSH IPA and it was one of the best beers I have ever had.

This smells amazing. May have to pull a sample tonight and get a taste.

my two brews at the moment: darker one is a Belgian Strong Dark Chocolate Ale, while the one on the right is a Palisade/Galena Rye IPA. recipes in my signature, in case anyone cares.

and before anyone asks, no i'm not concerned about having "just" 4 gallons of brew in a 6.5 gallon fermintator. plenty enough fermentation going on to create a protective CO2 blanket, if not outright push out all the O2. i opened up the airlock once to take a reading at 1.020, saw that it wasn't done and quickly re-capped. fermentation has been slow but steady since then, thanks in part to the use of a brew belt to bring it up to 70-72*F. normally i would have put this batch in my 5 gal carboy, but it was already occupied.

2 carboys 4may2012.jpg

Latest posts

Back