What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tapped the Rumble, an AG Pliny clone, at our annual flag football game. Got rave reviews from all, even some of the beer saavy girls. Got the usual few suggestions that I should stay a brewery - bad advice but I always appreciate the sentiment :) Kicked the keg.

This was brewed following Vinnys article in every last detail. I brewed it the same way as last year as far as i could tell from my notes, but this year it had a sensational hops profile.

Backsweetened, bourbon spiced and kegged my cider, and kegged my graff... Pretty stoked at how this year's cider is pretty much dead on from last years (which came out really good)!

Bottled ten gallons... Five of Spiced Winter Ale, and five of Kama Citra, both from Northern Brewer.

Cleaned 2 kegs and now taking advantage of crazy mid 50s temps to brew a batch of Rye Farmhouse Ale.

Finally got caught up with re-writing my 2nd brewing book after the comp lost a good part of it. Added to it & corrected along the way. now I can concentrate on getting it close to done. Still got some bottles soaking in PBW after too many gushers. Guess it's time for annual clean the bottles season...

Got my keezer set up and kegged for the first time. Shed a tear of joy as I looked a the empty bottles that I didn't have to fill.

Congrats man, i couldn't stop smiling the first time i pulled a pint from mine.

Today I brewed 10 gallons of an American Pale Ale, kegged 10 gallons of an Imperial IPA, and gelatin fined an American Lager

Got my new 10 gallon Tall boy kettle and Edelmetall burner today, can't wait to use it.

IMAG1068.jpg

IMAG1067.jpg

Congrats man, i couldn't stop smiling the first time i pulled a pint from mine.

I keep walking by the keezer and staring at it as if it will speed up the beer carbonating. I'm doing my best to wait long enough for the first pint pulled from it to be perfectly carbed and delicious. This is almost as hard as waiting for my first batch to carb up in the bottle. It will be so worth it though. :mug:

Bottling up four separate 1-gallon experimental sour batches. Halfway through so far. 10 bottles out of the blonde unfruited and 9 from the one with peaches. A dark unfruited and another with cherries to go. And they all were blended with a beer that tasted great but never carbed that had a bunch of honey in it.

Did that a couple batches ago...on our new stove! SWMBO was not pleased. Gotta paint top coat in man cave today so I can put the new desk together & get things back in the room.

Pulled my first pint from my new keezer. First time ever kegging after many many bottled batches. Laughed maniacally thinking about how much more I can brew now that bottling day no longer exists.

Gotta get some ESB, pepper IIPA & Whiskely stout in the fridge for Christmas in a bit. I hope the Imperial, at 3 weeks in the bottles yesterday, will be enough. Took too long to finish the last few points on that one. :mug:

Havin an ESB after finally getting the man cave/brewery in shape again. Just need some new curtains for the after shots for the video I'm workin' on. Kind of an " in the beginning, there was nuthin'" sorta thing.

Yeesh - up till 2am bottling the Christmas Card beer. 110 twelve oz bottles and a couple of bombers for the house. Now it has to carbonate for 10 days. Really late getting this out - it'll have to be a Merry Post Christmas/Happy New Year Card this year I guess.

Took the photo last weekend. Now I need to knock out this year's label...

20151220_112717.jpg

Last edited:
Picked these up. Been on a belgian kick for a while now trying to learn more about the style. In what order should i consume?

I just got some weschtmalle and rocheforte 10 as well. I'm on the Belgian kick too.

Latest posts

Back