What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1780910238.jpg

Started my first starter on the newly built stir plate. Having a go at a hard cider tomorrow.

Got some hard root beer into the carboy. Planning on brewing up a root beer float Russian imperial stout and pitching on the yeast once the root beer is ready for the secondary.

Tossed more ice blocks in water for cold crash...stopping by LHBS for some hops to add to my imperial stout kit I will be brewing tomorrow...

Got one beer bottled yesterday and the yeast rinsed. Have 2 beers to bottle today and about 20 lbs of beer soaked fruit to get out if the better bottles. More likely I will not bottle and go drink beer while a friend brews. :)

We shared a bomber of our Flanders with two friends this morning. Both were all big eyed in enjoyment. Good times.

A club u ordered from?? Me like, me want!!

They were sent courtesy of remmy. It'll be great to try some beers not available here. Yet another excuse to do some videos. Maybe you could get a trade going with him? I'd like to indulge in these trades more myself.

I had a beer (or 2) and have been designing a few brews around Conan yeast to brew very soon. I'm thinking about a pale ale, a HT clone, and possibly a triple IPA. I may slant some Conan for later...

Picked up a pound of Vietnamese cinnamon (should last me most of my life) and repackaged it into various sized bags, did the same with 5 pounds of corn sugar, kegged a 7% ABV Irish red ale, sorted a few cases of bottles and recycled anything that still had a label on it, waited patiently for the USPS to deliver my Chugger pump, and am now prepping for a BBQ with 2 different salmon recipes.

I brewed some. It was a multi-malt, two-hop, two-yeast deal. I'll know if it's any good in October.

Bottled 5 gallons of Oatmeal Stout today to go with the 5 gallons I bottled yesterday. And I still have about 5.5 gallons of 5+ month old RIS to bottle. I'm planning on keeping warm next fall/winter.

Bottled my lagunitas red IIPA clone last night, brewed a DFH 90 minute IPA clone today, drinking a Sierra Nevada torpedo and Widmer's Alchemy ale at the moment

Didn't realize I was out of dme and needed to make a starter. Found out Malta will work in a pinch. The ferment took off like a rocket!

I racked my never-ending ale that is still fermenting after three weeks with Wyeast 1007 because I really needed to use the primaries. At this point, we will see where that batch ends up, but it's moving at about 1-point every three days.

I washed the 1007 yeast (I will try it again with a starter), removed labels from some bottles, oh and ordered about $800 worth of equipment so I can start legging, making starters, and pumping instead of lifting heavy ass kettles for my 10-gallon batches.

unionrdr said:
Speaking of those controllers,I wonder if I could use one to control a small room size a/c unit connected to a fermentation cabinet? I'm thinking of building one,& a small a/c unit seems to be the easiest way to get fermenter temp control in a cabinet sized to sit on top of my fermenter stand.

Build your own controller using the aquarium temp controller posted in the DIY forum. It is cheaper and gives you both heating and cooling, and it seems to last much longer than the Johnson units.

Today, it's about what beer did for me. Did a LOT of work in the flower beds this afternoon. Now I am rewarding myself with a glass of my German pils as I look over all my hard work

Well. I should start with what I did for beer yesterday. Yesterday I bought 6 cases of old labeled bottles from an older fella for pretty cheap. SWMBO needless to say got mad bc she had to sit in the truck for half hour while I listened to the guy talk after an hour ride (I didn't mind her frustration). Today we got an early start on de labeling 2 cases of the bottles/cleaning/sanitizing them. I then bottled a one gallon AHS Baby Blonde Ale(5.5% ABV) along with a Rebel Brewers 5 gallon Red Beaver Belgian Saison Style Ale (7.5% ABV). Thinking about mailing the old man I got the bottles from some of my brews (an English Brown Ale, the Blonde Ale, and the saison) to show my appreciation.

Overall, a very productive weekend.
Cheers

Got my Amarillo Saison and IPA bottled. Now I'll have plenty of beer for the beach in a couple weeks.

Bought a sixxer of Prairie Tulsa Rugby pale ale, and more Wild Brew Saison, so I can harvest the yeast. Also got some beer flavored liquid for my e-cig (the jury's still out on that one)...

Kegged my Maris Otter lawnmower beer and moved my stuck barleywine onto the cake. That ought'a get 'er unstuck.

After I lengthly break from brewing, I brewed an Altbier yesterday. Went to throw it in my keezer to ferment and womp. Keezer is dead. It had a decent life (but it was old when I got it). So...today I started on Keezer II. GE 7 cu. ft. Installed digital temperature control tonight so at least I'll have a nice home for my fermentation. I'll probably just serve out of a tap rigged up inside the freezer until I can build it out completely (probably coffin style), but that won't be for a few months.

I set the temp on my keezer using the rough adjust screw to change the range from freezing to 45F-52F :)

Also put a keg & CO2 tank in the keezer and had my first pint of home-kegged beer, it went down oh so easily.

Probed my "new to me" upright freezer for places to drill, so i can get a temp probe and heating source inside to convert it to a fermentation chamber. Looking forward to having more control in this area.

Also tapped a session IPA that came out, as my last beer, to be the best beer i have brewed so far. May find a comp to put it in.

Ordered the parts to make my single pressure regulator a dual pressure regulator. If SWMBO complains, I can tell her the alternative is that I stop brewing all those fizzy lagers she likes.

It's become a PITA to serve her lagers and my bitters with the same regulator. I spend as much time adjusting pressure as I do pouring beer.

Ordered the parts to make my single pressure regulator a dual pressure regulator. If SWMBO complains, I can tell her the alternative is that I stop brewing all those fizzy lagers she likes.

It's become a PITA to serve her lagers and my bitters with the same regulator. I spend as much time adjusting pressure as I do pouring beer.

Hahahaha, my SWMBO doesn't even like beer!! I'm screwed. ..I brewed a batch and bottled a batch Sunday...went upstairs yesterday just to check swamp cooler temp and put a frozen water bottle in and got s$!t for it!!....yes, brewing and bottling not great idea for 1 day but my time is limited and I gotta do what I gotta do!

Hahahaha, my SWMBO doesn't even like beer!! I'm screwed. ..I brewed a batch and bottled a batch Sunday...went upstairs yesterday just to check swamp cooler temp and put a frozen water bottle in and got s$!t for it!!....yes, brewing and bottling not great idea for 1 day but my time is limited and I gotta do what I gotta do!
If she drinks at all, try making her some cider. It might get her off your back. :)

Top off and dolly on. If the rain clears, I might get the collar started today. Otherwise, more sheet rock patching (not beer related)

kegerator_1.jpg

So its been a busy week...

Got keggle welded for herms system
Ordered parts for said herms keggle

Scored a craigslist deal ($1,300 true brand cooler.. 3 cornies.. Sabco mash tun.. Kegeator kit.. Tuns of other stuff for less than $500)

Rewired the true cooler to use as ferm chamber ..

Brewed 45 gallons in 4 days with old cooler mash tun system as i complete my brutus system

image-1229452428.jpg

image-1575100576.jpg

image-1418940034.jpg

image-3685480938.jpg

mkringii said:
So its been a busy week...

Got keggle welded for herms system
Ordered parts for said herms keggle

Scored a craigslist deal ($1,300 true brand cooler.. 3 cornies.. Sabco mash tun.. Kegeator kit.. Tuns of other stuff for less than $500)

Rewired the true cooler to use as ferm chamber ..

Brewed 45 gallons in 4 days with old cooler mash tun system as i complete my brutus system

An impressive day for beer. Nicely done!

Rain stopped. Drywall patched. Ceiling patched from crappy electrician fan job and now for the beer.

Yeah I miscut that corner by 5/16" but at least I didn't cut my miter the wrong way *cough again*

We're gonna bottle cap the front and epoxy it. Just have to wait for the brew mistress to get home and we can start digging through our 10lbs of caps to find the "right" ones ;)

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

top3.jpg

Latest posts

Back