What freaks you out....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishslayer

Reaction score
15 plus years and still freaked out by lag time. I also am freaked out my an iodine test half way into mash times.

Anyone else?

Nasty hydro samples at the 1-2 week mark freak me out. Nasty bottles 1-2 weeks after bottling even more so. I know it's green, but I still freak out if it tastes bad before it's got a little age on it.

Connecting a newly filled keg to CO2. I had a keg leak all of the CO2 from my tank one time and ever since then I check the pressure every few hours just to make sure...

My worst fear is having an entire bowl of chili spilled on my shirt/lap.

autocad-mep-2008-fatal-error-thumb.jpg

Sometimes SWMBO stops by on her lunch break. I instantly freak out for just a second... even though nothing is wrong, out of place... I just can't help at saying "hi honey, what are you doing home?" sounding all guilty... lol

Sometimes SWMBO stops by on her lunch break. I instantly freak out for just a second... even though nothing is wrong, out of place... I just can't help at saying "hi honey, what are you doing home?" sounding all guilty... lol

I hear ya--I freak when I gotta explain why the neighbor girl is in the garage drinkin beer & sittin in the she beast's spot

Practice your browser closing hot-key maneuver.

And wear a long shirt to hide the evidence...

I freak out when I get home from work, the wife is passed out, naked, face down on the back lawn and the keg is kicked! I usually just resort to playing corn hole, it calms me down :cross:

When the wife asks when the next time I need a "free day" to brew on the weekends because she has other tasks for me to do that are far more important than my brew day (or my beer in general for that matter). That grinds my gears.

I also wish the neighborhood girl would come and sit in the she beast spot and drink/brew with me. That would ungrind my gears.

I freak out when I get home from work, the wife is passed out, face down on the back lawn and the keg is kicked! I usually just resort to playing corn hole, it calms me down:cross:

:D Ha! I see what ya did there.....

Nothing freaks me out more than cleaning up after what seems to have been a well executed brew day, looking over and seeing (insert ingredient here) sitting on the counter....... :drunk:

The thing that freaks me out most on a brew day is the thought that one of my dogs is going to sneak out. We live on a busy road and I'm in and out all day, distracted. Sometimes one of the little so-and-so's will find a new spot to pass out in and I'll be walking through the house with 10 things on my mind and glance around and miss one of them. Several heart attacks later, they'll come out and look at me like I'm crazy.

Day after brew day fermentor is bubbling away happily. I check my brew notes and everything happened like clockwork.

What did I miss? Nothing is this perfect.

All the Best,
D. White

Got a new one....

10 gallon batch split into 2 fermenters. !2 hours later one started, one hasn't....

The fact that every time I see a thread with 'HERMS' in the title, I immediately think of furry art rather than brewing equipment. :confused:

TMI? Probably...

Non-Freaks...

Edit: And so not to be reported as off topic I have to include the word homebrew in the text somewhere--check.

Realizing too late in life what my purpose is in this world, but not having an opportunity at that point to do anything about it. Dying friendless and alone and having no one care enough to attend my funeral.

Oh, and heights.

Honestly, nothing freaks me out more than the thought of spilling a full bowl of chili on my shirt and in my lap.

Worst fear.

Double-posts. . . .? How does this happen and why can't I delete the second one?

Waiting to find out if I got the promotion I interviewed for last week... Waiting, I hate waiting.

Honestly, nothing freaks me out more than the thought of spilling a full bowl of chili on my shirt and in my lap.

Worst fear.

Is this only chili or does it apply to other tomato basted soups/stews?

I've gotta go with little scratches in plastic fermentors. I'm usually pretty clean but those buggers can be hard to miss.
Currently risking the very breath I breathe and switching to glass carboys when I can catch a deal.

Trippin on acid and watching a Twilight Zone marathon on T.V.

Not that I have ever done that. But that would freak me out.

Is this only chili or does it apply to other tomato basted soups/stews?

I've gotta go with little scratches in plastic fermentors. I'm usually pretty clean but those buggers can be hard to miss.
Currently risking the very breath I breathe and switching to glass carboys when I can catch a deal.

Basically any tomato based soup/stew/pasta would be just terrible, chili being the worst. But certainly cream soups or the like would also apply.

I'm talking like, the whole plate/bowl, just WHAMMO! All over the front.

I don't know why, but the merest thought of it is enough to give me anxiety.

Back