What equipment are you obsessing over?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting more 2.5 gallon kegs for smaller batches. Often times I obsess about improving my methods over equipment.

Basically anything bigger and better than what I have now. Eventually would love an all stainless set up with pumps and all the bells and whistles.

But, at this point, I'd love a bigger mash tun and boil kettle lol

My next equipment concern will likely be looking into a heat wrap for kettle souring. Got delayed when I decided to make the jump into kegging here after 8 years of bottling.

Outside of that, I don't really have anything on the horizon for once! Whew! My barley crusher will probably wear down by that point just to make sure I have some equipment expense.

Moving into my "new" brew room in the cellar soon and since I brew range-top, I will need some type of exhaust venting. Finally, my wife won't have to come home to find all the windows in the house fogged up. I'm thinking of checking CL for an old range hood and vent it through the rim joist. Anyone know what CFMs and duct size I'll need?

Not really obsessing, but I would like a new burner. When I bought my $40 burner from Academy I just looked at the BTUs, declared them adequate and said "heat is heat" with a shrug. 25 or so brews later on that burner and I'm suspecting that that is not in fact the case.

Not really obsessing, but I've been thinking about a conical for years. The thing is, I really like the simplicity of buckets, and I wonder if I would find the upkeep on a conical too much trouble (I've seen some videos and the care of some conicals in person, and I think it may be more than what I want to maintain for a fermenter).

Other than that, I really have more than everything I need right now. I recently completed my walk-in update. I changed out all 14 of my faucets for 650ss with John Guest fittings on the shanks and disconnects and using bev seal ultra tubing, as well as putting in a glassware rack. I also still have over 70 kegs in the walk-in, so I'm not hurting for beer at this moment. I have two mash tuns, a 60 qt for all my regular beers, and then a 120qt mash tun for my really big beers. I am on a single tier propane with stainless chugger pump using keggles and the cooler for a mash tun. I've got a lot of random gadgets too that I've built and accumulated over time.

The only further out dream for me, would be to go electric so that I could brew indoors. This will not happen for a very long time though due to the cost and time it would take to put together.

Let's see...
- A propane tank
- A bigger CO2 tank
- Another 5g sanke keg
- Shirts with my brewery label on them for friends (already give out stickers)

Back