What do you think of this kickstarter so far?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipatch

Reaction score
Just curious what you guys and gals think of this kickstarter so far. I know I am missing a video, but one is currently in the works.

It looks Mike did a kickstarter for kegbot a while back, and turned out to be a success, so I thought I would give it try.

Interesting, how much would it cost for additional flow meters etc per tap? I could see business/bars looking it for a way to dispense are tables without a server?

Interesting, how much would it cost for additional flow meters etc per tap? I could see business/bars looking it for a way to dispense are tables without a server?

The cost of a flow meter is ~ $80 USD.

So you're basically piggy-backing off of another person's ideas and hoping to make some cash off of it?

LOL did you even read how this differs from the kegbot.org project? I could post the differences but I'm not in front of a computer at the moment.

You might want to read this,

https://forum.kegbot.org/t/my-kegbot-story/66

$500 for just the parts and instructions to make a product to make it more difficult for you and your friends to drink your beer or to make them pay for it. It was a tough decision but I think I'll pass.

Product aside, just the description for this kickstarter is terrible. Nowhere on the description paragraph do you even say what your thing does.

So you're basically piggy-backing off of another person's ideas and hoping to make some cash off of it?

That's how capitalism has worked since forever.
Who invented beer? How many people have made money by piggybacking off of that idea?

have you seen the magnetic ping pong ball they use for level indication and are selling for $2.99 CAD... that's a little more my speed. but if you have way to much money and love flashing it around this looks like a sweet buy.

Back