What do you set your kettle on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZmannR2

Reaction score
My table is also stainless so a bunch of heat is being conducted into the table and making the table hot. Looking for ideas of what to put in between the table and the pot.

Would a ceramic tile be enough to insulate it?

I have mine sitting on a silicone mat, the kind that protects dinner plates from chipping or breaking when washing dishes in the sink. The silicone slows down conduction enough without being soft or wobbly like thicker padding might be. If you really want to insulate the bottom you could get some furnace board and cut out a disk that matches your pot diameter.

I have heard of people using a cheap yoga mat that you buy at Wal-Mart and it works well, should be large enough to make 3 pads with. I have a plywood table my kettle sits on so I don't have this issue...but thought I'd help

Nuttin. Set it right on the laminate countertop. I have a dedicated brewing space so it wouldn't matter if it stained, but it doesn't anyway.

Back