What do you do with your CFC water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharper6

Reaction score
I drain many many gallons of water while using my CFC. It is pretty warm, what do you guys do with it?

I'm trying to find some way to justify using this lol

If I don't shower that day, and I use the large bucket of water I drain off to do a load of laundry, maybe...

What do you guys do with your CFC runoff?

I'll probably water the garden with it, if it ever warms up enough to have a garden.

I had many brew sessions of saving gallons and gallons of water. Just to put the painstaking task of pouring it around the yard to use. Well I decided no more!!!!

I hooked up a second spool of garden hose in the corner of my yard. And when it's brew day I pull the hose out from the spool and connect it to the output of my CFC when the time is ready.

THEN from the output of my exhaust hose I hooked up what they call a "drip hose". The drip hose is stretched out around the side walkway of my house and rose garden out of sight. (all with the help of a few garden hose male to male attachments) And when I turn on my CFC to cool, my extra garden hose keeps the operation clean with extra water staying away from my brew system and my drip hose waters my year round plants and others too, without any of my own hands getting wet or dirty.

Then when it is time to clean up, I simply unhook the garden hose from my CFC and rewind my exhaust garden hose back into the corner. Clean and dealt with.

I'll post a few pictures next brew day since I just set it up I haven't really had a chance to show off my creation yet ;)

I had many brew sessions of saving gallons and gallons of water. Just to put the painstaking task of pouring it around the yard to use. Well I decided no more!!!!

I hooked up a second spool of garden hose in the corner of my yard. And when it's brew day I pull the hose out from the spool and connect it to the output of my CFC when the time is ready.

THEN from the output of my exhaust hose I hooked up what they call a "drip hose". The drip hose is stretched out around the side walkway of my house and rose garden out of sight. (all with the help of a few garden hose male to male attachments) And when I turn on my CFC to cool, my extra garden hose keeps the operation clean with extra water staying away from my brew system and my drip hose waters my year round plants and others too, without any of my own hands getting wet or dirty.

Then when it is time to clean up, I simply unhook the garden hose from my CFC and rewind my exhaust garden hose back into the corner. Clean and dealt with.

I'll post a few pictures next brew day since I just set it up I haven't really had a chance to show off my creation yet ;)

My water comes out of my cfc almost hot at first. Does this affect your plants at all?

Well in all honesty the hot water Should and Would cause problems to plants. But I believe that completely by chance I set up a safe system and here's why. My initial garden hose I use for exhaust I believe is a 100 foot spool. And my drip hose is 25 feet. So before the water reaches plants, it travels through roughly 100 feet of garden hose. And from my experience when I go and check the temp of the water coming around my plants, it's always at a, not too hot, safe temperature.

I think it is simply the sheer distance I am sending this water through which cools the waste water. Because since I have set up my "waste line gardening line" the plants in question have really taken off, in fact I hade my roommates say I was watering them too much haha.

It's raining today but when it takes a break I'll go out and post some pictures of it all so you can get a picture of what I'm talking about :D

Latest posts

Back