What do you do with an unused racking cane?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A long, 3/8" dia, SS racking cane, unused

Bees behind shutters

Small compressor

Sevin dust

Spare time

Duct tape

Whatever would *YOU* do?!

1628090801289.png

1628091153985.png

1628091172519.png

some angry bees...if you are killing a hive that's in your house you are gonna have to cut it ALL out...

True, but a respirator would do just fine with sevin dust. Typically when I dust I do it in the evening and use a rubber puff ball and delta dust. The stuff is fantastic, my house has wood siding and I live the woods and the carpenter bees and my arch enemy and this stuff has kept them at bay now. I wear a mask and long sleeve shirt and pants and shower immediately after. I use sevin dust in my garden, not with a compressor obviously so no mask there but I do wash up after applying.

And here I was using mine to conduct music during down times in brewdays...when nobody can see, that is. I do a mean Rhapsody in Blue. Also to (very gently) shoo cats away from places I don't want them to be.

And here I was using mine to conduct music during down times in brewdays...when nobody can see, that is. I do a mean Rhapsody in Blue. Also to (very gently) shoo cats away from places I don't want them to be.

the cat shooing might work well with my system. Minus the Sevin dust of course.

Back