What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i work at a farm supply store for my profession-They call me the Poultry Princess, The Goddess of Goats and the Horse Chic,basically i am the only one who knows anything about livestock and gardening-my hobbys--oh my--cloth doll making, spinning wool, sewing clothing, soap making, home improvement , cooking,late 60's muscle cars{one restored one to go),gardening-vegetables -no flowers unless i can eat em! preserving the foods for the winter-ie canning and drying, making cheeses and of course brewing-mostly wine and mead basically if it sounds interesting i'll try anything !!!!!!
MNBlonde

this is always fun for hobbiest type forums that i frequent :)

Well, i work for *large grocery chain* doing computer technical support for all the DCs, Plants, stores, offices, etc, anything computer related that breaks? i fix! exciting i know :p but i make good money doing something i've been doing on the side for years.

Currently i'm over in the *large grocery* office in portland, but was working for awhile in the Ohio Office right above cincinnati.

So, what do you do for a living?

I've been a Sr. Field Engineer (Sales Department) for the last 5 years and recently moved into a more developmental role in the Engineering department. Lot's of programming.

Technical dork and beer nerd.

It's not necessarily a good idea to mention the actual company you work for.

I work as a senior engineer for a large computer security corporation in the enterprise technical support field. Tends to be all server support for some of the largest companies worldwide.

In the past I worked in gastronomy for years, hotels, bars, bistros as barman, waiter, chef and portier. It taught me fluent German which is now something I use daily in my tech support job with a lot of my work being done with the German speaking world.

Huge thread on this somewhere. General consensus, we do it all :) Engineers, technicians, construction, scientists, sports writers, lawyers, I think there may be some that even ride their wife's coat tails :D

Retired bull fighter, (rodeo clown). Now I repair Glockenspiel's for a hobby and living, but when I am not doing that I love to design clock towers. Oh and I am also a marine biologist specializing in clearing obstructions from the blow holes of whales.

On the weekends I am a street performer, mostly free form dance, some mime work as well.

*some of this may or may not be accurate.

Well, at one time about 4 years ago.. I was a small business owner in the electrical and general construction industry.. Pulling in 4 times what I do now..

Then things went whacky..

Now I have pinned my ear to the door of an elderly couple who have decided to use my talents for all their misc BS around their property.. I have become a voluntary indentured servant, much like the slaves to the jews in the Bible.. And like them, am grateful for the position.... because, although my credit and my business is destroyed, I somehow saved the house, have food in the fridge. the lights are on, firewood in the wood shed, home brew in the kegerator, and enough money to keep the satellite and internet on, while I save up the several thousand dollars I need for the bankruptcy and tax lawyers...

Other than that, I am willing to do whatever the hell else I have skills for that others are willing to pay for.. within reason that is (not gonna be a HeHo for Bubba no matter how bad things get!)

Am I looking at a 'career change?'.. (In the words of Ms Palin) "YOU BETCHA!"
:mug:

I started climbing trees for a tree service back in the 80's. now I own a tree service
and I'm still the crazy jackass up in the trees
go figure...

Mechanical Engineer by trade (Electrical Engineer is what my degree says). I currently work on piping systems for commercial Nuclear Plants.

beerbuild-57.jpg

It's nucular.....nu...cu...lar

lol...yeah...I've got my Homer Simpson Nuclear Plant toy sitting on my desk.

My favorite though: "Oh, meltdown. It's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus." :D

Server/Bartender, and Real Estate Investor/Landlord. I also have been helping my brother get his photography business off the ground the ground lately. With all that, I feel like I have no time to brew, or finances to support it either. Dreams of owning a restaurant are dying slowly.:mad:

I am a researcher. I am one of the foremost authorities on Bovine Scatology. I have a doctorate degree from the university of hard knocks and big knockers. I was able to work though college by working as a night manager at 7-11 for 35 years. Many have mentioned that I have brougth the science of Bovine Scatology to an art. Just the other day someone called me a, "******** Artist"! I have also been able to mix my love of Bovine Scatology with music because people have told me, "if ******** was music, I would be a brass band". Yes Bovine Scatology is my life and I love spreading the word. My colleges have acknowleged this by saying, "every other word out of your mouth is ********".

They say that you'll be happiest in your career if you can find a job that pays you to do what you love...

So I'm trying to get a government grant to become a licensed manual breast inspector.. Do it the old school way... The thinking is that a bill called "The Stimulus" would definitely have grants for that sort of stuff in it...

Where is this aforementioned school of big knockers anyways?.. Already been to the school of hard knocks.. Big knockers sounds like an excellent school to go to get certified in my new endeavor..
:fro:

SAHD. In a former life I was a Sys Admin. but that seems long ago, in a galaxy far away. The pay sucks but the "benifits" are far superior! ;-)

Latest posts

Back