What do you dislike about summer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big problem in Seattle is that people can't remember how to drive while the sun is out.

Thats true,man. When its sunny out people are like, oh look at that nice tree... while they rear end the person in front of them. Its when Im more cautious.People just fall into that trap when its perfect out,they just dont pay attention to driving unfortunatley.

In Seattle they're probably more like, what is that bright object in the sky? SMASH wtf?

I don't particularly enjoy standing in front of a roaring burner when it's 118 out, but the end result is worth it. I manage to keep hydrated by drinking lots

I hate the heat. I am not looking forward to another summer here. I guess my body will acclimate but still sucks.

Summer sucks cause of all the bugs, mowing the lawn, and tourists.
And there isn't any of this in summer

photo%25205.JPG

I hate mowing the lawn when it's Hot and humid...but I do love the beer when I'm done. Of course I could pave my whole yard and not mow, yet still enjoy a nice brew.

Plus, you'd have a huge area to brew!!!! :rockin:

For me it's the slate-gray haze, stifling heat, and humidity--every single day from July thru September.

On the plus side, school's out--which means not only more time to brew, but hiking in Seattle & Colorado and trips to all the new nanos here in VA! Oh, and my virgin trip to NHC!!!! :mug:

All those folks clogging up the Interstate going to Va Beach or OBX. If they were driving for beer they wouldn't get a sniff.

And the damn dumb tan lines around me eyes. I'm constantly wearing sumglasess.

I don't like that I have to work, when I could ride my bike. As for beer, no. I like lager, Gs&T, and mead in the summer, and they like me. I also like salads, fish, and grilled meat. And Smartwool. And college girls.

The only thing I dislike about summer is the insects. Otherwise asa motorcycle fanatic who hates cold weather, summer is the greatest time of the year.

I don't like that I have to work, when I could ride my bike. As for beer, no. I like lager, Gs&T, and mead in the summer, and they like me. I also like salads, fish, and grilled meat. And Smartwool. And college girls.

I like lamp.

As another Minnesotan, summers are such a precious commodity. Beer-wise, I tend to dislike the summer ales; fruity wheat or Belgian beers, any beer with lemon zest, etc. Pilsner Urquel, or any good helles hits the spot on a warm summer day. I prefer tradition.

I think the fact that summer ends has to be the thing I actually hate most about it.

I get winter depression in January - February even though our central VA winters are considered "mild to about 1/3 of the country. When you love outdoor activities but hate being cold it provides a case of "cabin fever" pretty quickly.

People who live in areas that don't get friggin cold winters don't qualify to comment. :p

Talk to us when your summer is the nicest season of the year. :mug:

Heh, hey I'm originally from Missouri. I miss absolutely everything that people complain about. I'm not sure what is more depressing, the perpetual summer heat, or the fact that every day is exactly like yesterday.

The 3-4 mild months don't even come close to making up for the others. At least not for me, I think everyone who moves here FOR the weather needs a good shrink.

You can always put on more clothes to keep warm. But once you're naked and sweaty there's really nothing you can do.

Heh, hey I'm originally from Missouri. I miss absolutely everything that people complain about. I'm not sure what is more depressing, the perpetual summer heat, or the fact that every day is exactly like yesterday.

The 3-4 mild months don't even come close to making up for the others. At least not for me, I think everyone who moves here FOR the weather needs a good shrink.

You can always put on more clothes to keep warm. But once you're naked and sweaty there's really nothing you can do.

Even though I hate cold weather I have to admit I would miss having 4 seasons. It really does feel good when October hits and the humidity and temps drop to a point that jeans and a hooded sweatshirt is comfortable. It's just those days when it's 37F and raining or 20F with 30 mph winds that drive me nuts in the winter.

In my neck of the woods, I just dislike the heat in August and September. Other than that, summer is great. No work, traveling, etc. I get to be with my kiddos everyday and not get up at 5:30.

I think my least favorite month is January. My life revolves around baseball (much to my wife's chagrin) and from February to October, it's there. (even if the Dodgers are angering me). At least November and December have the holidays. January just has nothing. But summer is all about baseball.

Back