What do I need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
OK, I've been brewing beer for a few months now and my disabled brother wants me to brew him up some soda.

I want to do the forced carbed soda in a 2 liter bottle for him with carbonator caps. But I also want to be able to run a keg(s) for my beer. (I don't want my soda and beer sharing my kegerator...lets just not go there) What do I need? Do I need a separate CO2 tank or just another hose and adapter? I can brew beer and bottle it. But the only thing I've ever done with a keg is empty them in college and that was a helluva long time ago.

What kind of setup do I need to run a 2 keg system and be able to use the carbinator caps on some 2liter soda bottles.

If you use a home made carb cap with a tire valve stem you could just put a spliter on your reg and run a hose with an air chuck on it to fill your 2l bottles
you may need shut off valves for each line so you can shut off your kegs while you fill the bottles because I usually force carb mine @ 55 psi
you may not want to put that much pressure on your beer

Back