What "crap beer" do you secretly enjoy ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have this little Mexican restaurant in Sheffield Center run by a Mexican couple that served Tecate in a bottle with a lime wedge in it. Went good with their food.

Mickeys Malt Liquor. Not sure why, but when it comes to cheapy beer it is my guilty pleasure. I very rarely drink it though. Rolling Rock will do as well, Corona too. I guess Corona with a lime in it is my favorite mass produced beer.

Hmm, maybe it is the green bottles for the RR and Mickey's that attracts me. Only in the summer, and only when the store doesn't have anything better.

PBR, Rolling Rock, or Lone Star are my go to's between pay days. I had some ICE cold Michelob Ultra at my bro in law's house on Friday that completely change my opinion of that beer.

When I posted the pic of Stoney Jones's brewery, it wasn't an accident. I still go into to any new gastropub and ask if they they have Stoneys. Its a right of passage in my book.

Panama's Balboa. Yeah, its a crap beer, but not horrible and its what's readily available everywhere in Panama. I keep a six pack or two in the fridge. Though there is a decent selection of good imports in most larger super markets.

I have two, Narragansett tall cans and OE 800. I dont know why but once a year I just want a 40 of OE and every few months I'll pick up a 6 pack of ganny pounders

I have a pontoon boat, and the only beer I drink on the boat is PBR. I have a few in the fridge now and I hate it - but get on the water and I love it.

For the true conny-sewer, Rolling Rock in the 8oz pony bottles - open, glug glug, get another one, repeat.

Really like Modelo Negro - hate Red Stripe.

True story.... ONLY time I have ever had red stripe was at a party in my college years. This guy had a ton of red stripe at his house and I hit one from a beer bong.....honestly don't remember the flavor. (Or anything else from that night for that matter).

Craft beers don't cut it after a hot day hiking,biking or working outside. Any of the inexpensive lagers are fine for thirst quenching. Miller High Life, PBR, Coors whatever but it usually takes more than one.

While it's not in the usual macro lager category, Boddingtons Pub Ale (the AB brewed nitro can 4 packs) is something I enjoy once in awhile... Does that count?

My 50 cent beer lately is Hamm's. The beer refreshing. The 60's commercials are on you tube, of course

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My 50 cent beer lately is Hamm's. The beer refreshing. The 60's commercials are on you tube, of course

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hamms-beer-sign_5866.jpg

I love that you guys love the peebs (PBR). It's not an Busch or miller product, and it actually tastes ok for a 10$ twelve pack.

Natural light is on tap at my favorite hole in the wall- and I admittedly drink it on the occasion that I have a dd.

I also love rolling rock and high life. I think I was originally sold by the lady on the moon (high life emblem) and I am often a sucker for cool beer logos.

Btw, my love for pbr is certainly no secret. The guy at my main gas station gives me pbr stuff all the time. I have a drawer full of pbr koozies. If anyone wants one, let me know.

I'll have to jump in and agree with the PBR statements. What's better than getting 12 pretty good beers for so few dollars?

There's always a time and a place for non-craft beer. If I lived on the east coast it would be Yuengling all day long but back home it's Coors Banquet Beer. Same price as Coors Light only tastes better to me

For the end of a yard work day here in So FL? Bud Light Lime. Has to be cold enough to shrink your fillings. Six are gone before you stop sweating.

When my brother comes to visit? A grocery cart full of Busch Light. (for short visits. Longer visits require the use of a Suburban or larger vehicle).

Others in my past have been influenced by ZIP code du jour: Hamm's, Natty Bo, Oly ("It's the water, and a lot more..."), Yuengling, Pearl, Michelob, Stroh's...that list could pretty much go on forever, and can be indexed to contemporary discounted pricing (don't forget the infamous "mixed case" from 7-11, back in the day).

I live in Southern Indiana, so Yuengling is considered a real treat here, I don't consider it a crap beer by any means, but it's pretty cheap at the place in Tennessee where I buy it. I LOVE that stuff on tap, though, it's pretty much all I drink when I'm down south.

Can anybody tell me if Genessee Cream ale is crap beer? I used to drink it 30 years ago when I lived back east because it was cheap and being in college cost mattered more than taste. I recall this being decent but I don't know who makes it anymore.....kind of like Stroh's beer being cheap but decent when we were in college.

Straubs. Love that beer. From St. Mary PA.

No secret though. I'm long past keeping secrets or being embarrassed. heh.

Ditto on that (if it's considered a crap beer in the first place). Only had it a handful of times but I remember it being pretty tasty.

Can anybody tell me if Genessee Cream ale is crap beer? I used to drink it 30 years ago when I lived back east because it was cheap and being in college cost mattered more than taste. I recall this being decent but I don't know who makes it anymore.....kind of like Stroh's beer being cheap but decent when we were in college.

I still see Stroh's & Genesee once in a while up here. Not too often though. Same deal with Little Kings.

Mickey's - if tasting something can remind me of being a teenager and king if the world, Mickey's will do it every time.

Back