What college drinking games did you play?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider123

Reaction score
I remember back in the 80's we used to play a bunch of drinking games with whatever crap beer we could find. Usually Busch or Old Milwalkee or Genesee Cream ale.

Anyone else remember playing games like 3 man, 7-11-doubles, quarters, @sshole, and swish-kerplunk?

3 man was always the big game, we played that the most. It could be brutal if you were the 3 man a lot.

I remember playing 3-man. Somewhat not sure of any of the rules anymore. But yeah everyone got drunk. I think 9 was a social and doubles you could hand out to whomever other than that it's all kind of foggy.

Presidents and @ssholes, quarters or beer pong depending on number of participants and amount of beer to "Consume"!

I remember playing 3-man. Somewhat not sure of any of the rules anymore. But yeah everyone got drunk. I think 9 was a social and doubles you could hand out to whomever other than that it's all kind of foggy.

Yes, I remember that now. If you rolled 2 or 3 doubles in a row, you got to make a rule like if you say "drink" you had to drink so everyone would have to say "consume". And a 4 and a 1 the last person with their finger on the side of their nose had to drink.

I was never in college, but played quite a few drinking games. my favorite was one my wife made up. watch the MST3K version of Mitchel & drink every time anyone on screen says "Mitchel". I've never seen anyone make it to the end. it's harder than the Strange Brew game.

I was never in college, but played quite a few drinking games. my favorite was one my wife made up. watch the MST3K version of Mitchel & drink every time anyone on screen says "Mitchel". I've never seen anyone make it to the end. it's harder than the Strange Brew game.

Loved MST3K.

I think that idea started with the Bob Newhart show. Folks would drink anytime anyone said "Hey Bob" on the show. I remember doing that with How the Grinch..... We drank anytime they say "Who". I almost puked Egg Nog.

Loved MST3K.

I think that idea started with the Bob Newhart show. Folks would drink anytime anyone said "Hey Bob" on the show. I remember doing that with How the Grinch..... We drank anytime they say "Who". I almost puked Egg Nog.

it's an old game that gets reinvented from time to time. but Mitchel is the version I loved to play. especially with first timers.:rockin:

Beer Pong, President and A-Holes, frizzknock, pretty standard stuff.

During my spring season spent in the NW Ontario woods, we played an NHL Playoff drinking game. You picked players, and different actions (scoring, assist, penalty, etc) by that player led to drinking.

My brother was playing a variant during the WJHC in 2009, and chose to drink every time Canada scored (true patriot love, eh?). He was having a fun week, until Canada played Kazakhstan and won 14-0. He was hurting worse than the Kazakh players!

One weekend a bunch of guys from our frat did a road trip to Columbus to visit our chapter at OSU. Unfortunately we never bothered to check with the first and arrived at an empty house since they were on break. It so happened that was the night that Star Trek, Next Generation premiered so we turned it into a game - Blow Tek. Everyone picked a character and when they appeared on screen, you drank. If the Enterprise was shown from "outside" then everyone drank. The dialog scenes were killer since they switched back and forth between the characters constantly. The brother who had Picard (luckily not me) lived up to the name of the game before the show was done! :)

My Irish friends introduced me to a particularly brutal drinking game. Similar to others mentioned, you split off into 2 teams and listened to Roxanne. One team drank every time he says Roxanne, the other every time he says Red Light. One "session" was playing the song 3 times. You end up drinking 6-10 beers in approx 10 mins.

The Irish guys were crazy. There were many other games that were new to those of us from the states, but that's the one that stands out.

There was also the time we played Edward 40 hands. You have a 40 duct taped to each hand and race to finish first (before you piss yourself).

Nowadays the most excitement we get is a kill the keg night when I need (want) to make room in the kegerator for a new keg.

we played @sshole, power hour, and Kings. Now we play this game called "5 in 1" on our group camping trips. If played correctly, you go through almost a case in one sitting. Basically 5 games in "1" sitting, using a deck of cards.

Along the lines of MST3K and the "Blow Tek", my wifes' side of the family and I recently played "drink" to Sharknado. Basically you just drink everytime they say Shark, or you saw one on screen. My SIL made the mistake of doing it with wine. Out cold halfway through the movie. In her defense, she did manage to put down 2 1/2 bottles before this happened though...

A-hole, F-You pyramid, Quarters, Beer Pong, Flip Cup, Beer Boxing (Drinking game my Rugby team came up with, or so I have been led to believe. Brutal game where the winning team wins by 3 puke outs or one collapse), Kings, Up the river Down the river.. There are more, I just do not remember them right now.

Back