What can I use this for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eibbor

Reaction score
So I have this rack on the back porch that we use to hold misc crap on... But I'd like to use it for brewing somehow. It is too skinny to be used as a brew stand I'm thinking, it would be too top heavy if i had my brew pot too high... but that is why I am getting your professional opinions. The measurements are 59" tall by 14" deep and 36" wide. Sorry for the crap on it, I left that stuff on to help you get a visual sense of the dimensions... much to my wifes dismay.

Robbie

Photo0009.jpg

The sky is the limit...a bit narrow, but if you were to throw a couple of screws through to the back wall you could do a kickin ten gallon electric system...that stand / shelving unit will likely hold a fair amount of weight.

that is a good idea. Mostly I am thinking it will probably just end up holding all my brew gadgets once I have a different house.

+1

I'd probably just keep it in the garage or the area where you keep all of your brew crap. Then, one day when you have some time, organize all of your junk.

Those shelves are pretty durable and easily reinforced with a few bolts and/or strategic welds. You can even be a crummy welder and do a good job. I like the idea of bolting it to a wall and making a brew-stand or something similar like the mill linked above. It'd possibly also make a good bottling station or just a simple countertop when you need to measure and weigh ingredients. Use your imagination. I once used an industrial version of the same shelves (400lb per shelf capacity) and used it to house every single electronics device i owned. I cornered 2 together and had one hell of a media center. The sky is the limit.

Wow!! That looks like just the right height inside the lower shelves to hold 1 gallon jugs. :ban:

You could add walls, insulation, a door and the workings from a mini fridge and make a cool ferment chamber for small test batches.:p

Or maybe not.:D

Latest posts

Back