What can I trade for Pliny the Elder??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tykreis

Reaction score
I'm from Baltimore, MD. All I want is to try Pliny! What beer from here can I possibly trade someone for that beer??

Some of Duclaw's rarer offerings may do the trick.. Pliny is hard to get but not as much of a whale as it used to be. I got one back in December for Jai Alai and Heady for Jai Alai as well-- all depends on who wants what.

Some beers just have to be enjoyed fresh. Pliny is one of them. There's a reason you don't find it much on the East Coast. Russian River wants control over the handling of their beer. You're not that far from Philly. Find out when it will be on tap and take a road trip to Monk's. Pliny and a UPS truck will not go well together.

Pliny and a UPS truck will not go well together.

That's true to some degree, but if I'm shipping you a Pliny that's one week old, another 4 days on a UPS truck isn't going to pose a serious threat to the quality of the beer.

@tykreis - PM me and we can talk.

You tell me man. I can get Pliny. What rare or hard to get beers do you have access to?
I don't agree that a rare beer needs to be traded for Pliny. While Pliny isn't sitting on shelves for days on end, there is a steady distribution of it all the way down through So. Cal. I would say that something unobtainable from the East should be fine for Pliny.
Some of Duclaw's rarer offerings may do the trick.. Pliny is hard to get but not as much of a whale as it used to be. I got one back in December for Jai Alai and Heady for Jai Alai as well-- all depends on who wants what.
I would say anything from DuClaw would work. They don't even distribute to where I am in NC, if at all in NC. Also, DC Brau should work too.

I don't agree that a rare beer needs to be traded for Pliny. While Pliny isn't sitting on shelves for days on end, there is a steady distribution of it all the way down through So. Cal. I would say that something unobtainable from the East should be fine for Pliny.

I suppose I used the wrong term. Not looking for rare beers. Just ones that I can't get in CA.

And even though Pliny is distributed up and down the state, it's not exactly a cake walk to get. I have to be at the strore on the day it comes in....if it comes in. Most stores in the area don't even put it on the shelves, even the chain grocery stores.

You tell me man. I can get Pliny. What rare or hard to get beers do you have access to?

I suppose I used the wrong term. Not looking for rare beers. Just ones that I can't get in CA.

And even though Pliny is distributed up and down the state, it's not exactly a cake walk to get. I have to be at the strore on the day it comes in....if it comes in. Most stores in the area don't even put it on the shelves, even the chain grocery stores.

Very true on that. There is an ebb and flow with that beer and the availability. Someone walked in and grabbed me 6 off the shelf two weeks ago and now cannot find anymore. But there are some great beers on this side of country. You should even seek out Troegs. :)

i can get any DuClaw beer without a problem. Any one ever heard of Sweet Baby Jesus? I love that beer!

Latest posts

Back