What can I do with Jalepeno Jelly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxman73

Reaction score
So I grew way too many Jalapeno peppers (someone will no doubt say you can never have too many). I ended up making jalapeno jelly. It is very good. I like it, but I am not going to put it on some bread with peanut butter and have a sandwich.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do with it?

cheers,
Brian

cover some crackers with cream cheese and top with the pepper jelly

I like it on crackers with brie cheese. Or just on toast. Hmm I have some and now I kinda want to try it with waffles instead of syrup.

If it is a sweet jelly wait until you're having a gathering of some kind.

Then just warm some cream cheese to room temp and dump enough jelly over the cream cheese to cover it. Put it out with some good tortilla chips and watch it disappear.

There are a lot of good crackers that will work with this too but give them a taste first to make sure the flavors work together. Serve with a good flavorful beer or red wine. Yum!

Jalapeño jelly is great on pan fried salmon with a little salt & pepper. The crispy edges are the best. Spicy mango jelly is also really good on salmon.

Pepper jam is popular in LA & with the Amish. They use Hungarian yellow/green peppers, but Jalapenos for jam is popular as a condiment, or in cooking.

Jalapeño jelly is great on pan fried salmon with a little salt & pepper. The crispy edges are the best. Spicy mango jelly is also really good on salmon.

I'll second the seafood option. My FIL does a fantastic job with fish and it's almost always accompanied by a jelly based sauce.

Back