What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side trade from @Section1. Can't wait to try these! My half of the trade will be dropped off on Monday.

PXL_20220212_010734227.jpg

Something new to play with. I'm making my own beer to save money I say to my wife. Just need one more thing and my setup is done I say. 🤣 At least I can admit this purchase was more about the tech and nerdy side.

Attachments

• 20220218_155449.jpg
    20220218_155449.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Just moved to Georgia so going to brew a pseudo peach smoked American wheat beer.View attachment 760085
I’m becoming obsessed with their products. I’ve added tart cherry purée to a stout and it was delicious.
Also have the following currently aging in Carboys- cherry vanilla mead and several types of apricot meads. All were basic mead recipes w fruit purées.

I’m becoming obsessed with their products. I’ve added tart cherry purée to a stout and it was delicious.
Also have the following currently aging in Carboys- cherry vanilla mead and several types of apricot meads. All were basic mead recipes w fruit purées.
They all sound delish. Oregon's products are pricey but they are top of the line.

Not exactly brewing related, but I bought a tormek t1 knife sharpener and it arrived Friday.
I know we all use knives here and there for brewing purposes.
This thing is amazing!

Actually came a week before Valentine's day, but I bought this bracelet for my girlfriend that brews with me and she loves it. She's been wearing out to the local craft breweries we like to go to a couple times a week and it's a hit with all our friends there. Bracelet
Very cool, I think my wife would like one of those to wear out to breweries nearby. Thanks

Not mail, yesterday I picked up (2) Grainfather G30's from an awesome local brewer who had a flood. Pumps are shot but preliminary testing of everything else looks good! Another HBT member is graciously offering a controller to complement the two systems!!! :ban:

I have to mention they were 100% free. After 3 years of diligently monitoring FB and the like... Score!!!

Side note: $200 replacement 6W pump = Heck NO!!! I might retrofit an anvil pump to it but for now my March pump on the benchtop will work just fine. $350 replacement copper/nylon counterflow? Yikes! With that markup I can tell why they are so easy to work with on Warranty... You're buying the replacement up front

Not in the mail, but this is probably the best thread…
At our monthly volunteer fire department meeting tonight, we did some deep cleaning at the station. We ended up with a few piles of miscellaneous used and obsolete equipment that we decided should either be given or thrown away. I couldn’t let this old 20 lb CO2 fire extinguisher get thrown out, so I gave it a new home. I’m trying to figure out how to retrofit it for a fireman themed kegerator. I’m pretty sure it’s still full, but I can’t find a TW stamp on it and it’s waaay out of hydro certification. Hopefully I can come up with something. The American LeFrance band is the coolest part. American LeFrance is a fire apparatus body builder who was kind of considered a higher end truck in its day.
3D587060-378A-49C7-8979-63059BBC6D5F.jpeg

Back