What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hops
20200214_144416.jpeg

IMG_8909.JPG

Not in the mail but last night we needed more beer during our short overnight trip out of town. Found these two bottles at the bottle shop. Couldn’t resist getting them since I started collecting this beer in 2016. Somehow I missed 2017 and now waiting for 2020 to hit the shelves here.

View attachment 667161
Not in the mail but last night we needed more beer during our short overnight trip out of town. Found these two bottles at the bottle shop. Couldn’t resist getting them since I started collecting this beer in 2016. Somehow I missed 2017 and now waiting for 2020 to hit the shelves here.
We moved about 1.5 years ago, so I'm just now getting around to unpacking some boxes from my old beer room. In a box of brewing supplies(mostly cleaners and sanitizers) I found a 2013 and a 2006 Bigfoot. They are in the fridge now.

The ones I just got, and Pman, are dated 12-09-22. I'm assuming they were brewed about 12-9-20, with a 2 year exp. date. I just looked in Michael Jackson's book, and it doesn't give a recommended aging, but with these darker beers, the general rule is that they hit their peak around 3 years. This is a good excuse to drink it now!

Did you order from BelgianMart? seems like this is the only way i will be able to try 12. Is it legit?
As far as I know it's the only way. Darn good well done beer. Needs to warm up to truly appreciate it. For me, I got 3. One for now. One to share. One to age. Since me and others are doing W12 clones it made sense. $130 for 3 and a glass/shipping. Only live once right?

If you're dropping that kind of cash (ouch! Think my 6-pack cost <€15 - plus a ferry trip ;-) ) then it's worth getting a St Bernardus Abt and Rochefort 10 to try alongside, they're similar but different.

If you're dropping that kind of cash (ouch! Think my 6-pack cost <€15 - plus a ferry trip ;-) ) then it's worth getting a St Bernardus Abt and Rochefort 10 to try alongside, they're similar but different.
Love Roch series. Not as big on Bern. Ever ship to the US?? [emoji6] Been a while but don't remember the fruitiness with R/B as with W.

You'll have to prise them from my cold dead hands.... :)

I've done the side by side tasting a couple of times, and each time the Rochefort has come out slightly on top for me. But the human brain works on differences, so you learn a lot about the beers by being able to compare them with others that are similar-but-different rather than just having them on their own.

Back