What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured it’s time to try something above a plastic bucket.
image.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of stuff from MoreBeer. Grain and hops for a Belgian golden strong I have planned, some odds & ends like bottle caps, etc., and four 1-gallon jugs to start experimenting with small batches of cider.

Sounds silly, but I brew in my driveway and use a long hose from the house for my IC. That means I have to set up the IC and hose, run to the house to turn on the water and then run back to the driveway to stir while it chills. When its done, I have to run back to the house to turn off the water. NOT ANY MORE! Don't know why I didn't think of adding a valve to my IC before now.
P.S. It came in the mail.
IC valve 2.jpg

IC valve.jpg

Sounds silly, but I brew in my driveway and use a long hose from the house for my IC. That means I have to set up the IC and hose, run to the house to turn on the water and then run back to the driveway to stir while it chills. When its done, I have to run back to the house to turn off the water. NOT ANY MORE! Don't know why I didn't think of adding a valve to my IC before now.
P.S. It came in the Mail.

I have one of these too, which also took me entirely too long to get. Another good addition is the quick disconnects for the hose and the QD mate on the IC, faucet/sprayer, etc. then I can go from washing with the hose, to connecting to the IC, and back to spraying down other things (kettle, fermenter, etc). So I ended up putting the valve on the end of the hose with the QD on the other side (left of picture is the end of the hose, with valve then female QD; shown near male QD with sprayer; second pic of male QD on my IC):

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

But onto why I initially replied- BE CAREFUL with the valve on the IC. If it is closed when you drop the IC in, with no hose connected, then you open before connecting the hose, you could be in for a wicked burn from steam / water escaping due to leftover moisture in the IC boiling. Just thought I’d give ya a heads up! Happy brewing!

I like your idea a lot. I have an RV hose with filter to get my strike and sparge water. I use a different hose and nozzle to rinse off equipment as I go and I use the same hose for my IC. If I get a few quick disconnects, I can skip threading and unthreading the two hoses from the faucet and the nozzle and IC.

As for the warning, thank you. I never hook up the hose until I'm done with the boil and the IC has been in the hot wort for 10-15 minutes. I'm always worried the hose will get too close to the burner. I may well have left the valve closed the first time without even thinking about it and been in for a rude awakening.

Curious how you got any galaxy from yakima? I just made a order a week ago and they were sold out?

Got really lucky! It was part of one of their “Buddy Packs” and I just happened to see their email come in about them. I’ve been looking for Galaxy for months, so I pulled the trigger right away. Made the order on 4/25, and I think they sold out shortly after.

Got really lucky! It was part of one of their “Buddy Packs” and I just happened to see their email come in about them. I’ve been looking for Galaxy for months, so I pulled the trigger right away. Made the order on 4/25, and I think they sold out shortly after.
Ah yes I bought the ella/galaxy buddy pack a few weeks ago also before they sold out. In hindsight I should have bought a few more as it seems bulk galaxy is non existent anymore. Cheers

A 50# bag of Full Pint and 3# of Medium Crystal. Enough for the next 4 Pale Ales with 6# base a 1# crystal remaining.

paintball tank, adaptor, and single regulator to go with my 3 gallon keg.
valve and bulkhead for my brew-pot.
hi-pressure line and ball-lock connector for the dry side of the keg.
100 o-rings for paintball tanks LOL!

I think I’ve got a problem... my wife was not pleased when she came home to the pile of boxes on the step and realized nothing was for her. I (smartly?) corrected her by saying “you’re more than welcome to drink the pale ale, out of those kegs”. I think I diffused the situation.

Sack of 2row, sack of maris, some Vienna and Caramel for a recipe / stock:
IMG_4323.JPG

A couple new kegs to increase my available storage space:
IMG_4324.JPG

A new vittles vault for bulk storage:
IMG_4325.JPG

Orange and coriander for a recipe:
IMG_4326.JPG

Storage bag for the new vacuum sealer I bought for “food storage” (aka hops):
IMG_4327.JPG

I went on a bit of a spree this past week.

Back