What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingredients for a Patersbier came this AM. I ordered Thurs from Great Fermentations. It shipped the same day I ordered at flat rate. I am 30 min into the boil now.

Inkbird All-Purpose Digital Temperature Controller
1 oz apollo
2 oz cascade
1 oz Centennial
1 oz Citra
1 oz Simcoe
Mangrove Jacks M44 (west coast)
Mangroves Jacks M36 (liberty bell)
10' 7/16 vinyl tubing
intertap growler spout
10 lbs 2 row / 8 oz crystal 60 / 1 lb white wheat / 6 oz Caravienne / 8 oz munich

going to be a good weekend.

Yesterday 15 liters of apple juice. SWMBO was not too pleased... oh well.
:D

edit: and Ken Schramm arrived today in de mail! double-woohoo!

I got my thermoworks 24 inch digital thermometer. Really didn't expect it to be as long as it is. I mean I know that it is exactly that length, but just didn't realize until it got here how long that is in the kitchen. Tested it in boiling and ice water. Got 33.1 in ice water and 208.4 at boiling which is close at my altitude in Phoenix. Hope this thermometer stays accurate. My glass alcohol thermometer went bad by 5 degrees near boiling. I started using a meat thermometer and it went bad by 12 degrees at boiling. Must have been 8-10 degrees high during the mash. Glad I mashed high on my last beer, but still think it might come out a little thin. If that's the case I'm pretty ok with it since I am interested in the hop character that I get from the Zythos hops in this beer.

Hophammer replacement kit from Adventures in Homebrewing. They sent me the wrong kit so now I get the right one free!
Exceptional customer service!

WLP Hansen from the "vault". Unfortunately, the vials were hot to the touch so I doubt I have any viable yeast for my planned brew(s).
I contacted customer support with no reply.

No more "vault" purchases for me & probably no more White Labs!

WLP Hansen from the "vault". Unfortunately, the vials were hot to the touch so I doubt I have any viable yeast for my planned brew(s).

My WLP835 vials from the vault obviously got so hot that they both leaked about 1/4 of the contents out! My wife was the one who retrieved them from the mailbox and she got covered with yeast! Boy was she pissed!

WL sent replacements but they arrived equally hot, although they ddin't leak. The ice pack was about 95F so maybe there's a chance.... i'll definitely be checking way way ahead of time.

Ah. Out of all those millions of cella, bet a few survived. Build it up. You'll have a colony of tough guys in no time.

It was a few days ago now, but my shiny new Wilserbag arrived.

Ah. Out of all those millions of cella, bet a few survived. Build it up. You'll have a colony of tough guys in no time.

I'm concerned that the high temp exposure has had a negative impact on any surviving yeast cells. I'm not willing to potentially ruin an entire AG batch to find out.

I'm concerned that the high temp exposure has had a negative impact on any surviving yeast cells. I'm not willing to potentially ruin an entire AG batch to find out.

Build a starter.... the strong cells who survived will rebuild the colony. That's what I'm doing.

Nothing for me today but yesterday the brown truck dropped off a 4 pack of used pin locks from a sale AIH had last week and tomorrow they'll drop off the Bayou Classic 1144 that I found on Amazon for $59 last night

Aaaaand today I got my chest freezer

81Rhjke5MXL._SX342_.jpg

that goes with my after market temperature controller

81IOThR%2B%2BGL._SL1500_.jpg

for my fermentation chamber. SUPER stoked!

Hm yeah, look, one of the biggest warehouses in this country is a 15 minute drive away. So.
23 liter demi (plastic, I read the blood&stitches thread)
yeast yeast glorious yeast!
cleaning shizzle
another glass gallon fermenter because why not

So there :mug:

A third fermenter - 7 gal Fermonster! With a third brewhauler, and a bunch of Citra hops, some Two Track Malting pale malts, assorted other yeasts and hops for our usual brews. Gonna cook up a our own version of a CCC pale ale next, Centennial Cascade Citra! (Yeah I know not traditional but we're looking forward to it.) After the pale ale we are looking to do a "lawnmower beer" version of a pale ale too.....

Back