What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @canehdianman and @BigMack! I'll look into them.

I just received my BIAB for my keggle and two hop socks from @wilserbrewer today! The two extract kits I have waiting to be brewed may have to wait a little longer now. For I may just jump into making my next beer with the BIAB setup! By the way, these bags look very well made and durable! Thanks @wilserbrewer! :mug:

By the way, these bags look very well made and durable! Thanks @wilserbrewer! :mug:

They are...rarely do I not have buyers remorse at least a little when I pay someone else to do something I know I can do myself. I could never have done the quality of work in my Wilser bag. Not sure what kind of overlock machine he has but that is one awesome set of stitching.

Within the last week I got:
4 Perlick 630SSs
SS shanks and associated hardware
Temp controller
Primary regulator
Manifold

Waiting on tubing, QDs, and handles, then keezer construction begins

Came in yesterday technically(well for us east coasters)..Complete Cards Against Humanity game with all expansions and sweet carrying case..Oh, and for beer brewing, 24 PET 12oz bottles w/caps and brew kit for 'Gooder Than Guinness'..:D

These showed up yesterday, but one pound each of Citra, Sterling, US Magnum, Belma, Legacy, and Sonnet.

IMG_1654.JPG

A bigass bag of Cascade hops a guy on another site gave me. He said he went to AB's "great hops giveway" (!!!???!!!) and ended up with more whole-leaf Cascade hops than he could use, so he sent me a bag.

image.thumb.jpeg.891add0ff98cbc93c1f4aa8a92fd20f1.jpeg

Not my pic, but that's the bag I was sent. It's over a pound. They smell SO awesome! I am just glad that Cascade works for just about everything, as I am going to be hard-pressed to use all those in my tiny 2.5 gallon batches this year.

After my experimental-hops pseudo-SMaSH's, looks like Cascade will be getting the next treatment!

:)

A bigass bag of Cascade hops a guy on another site gave me. He said he went to AB's "great hops giveway" (!!!???!!!) and ended up with more whole-leaf Cascade hops than he could use, so he sent me a bag.

image.thumb.jpeg.891add0ff98cbc93c1f4aa8a92fd20f1.jpeg

Not my pic, but that's the bag I was sent. It's over a pound. They smell SO awesome! I am just glad that Cascade works for just about everything, as I am going to be hard-pressed to use all those in my tiny 2.5 gallon batches this year.

After my experimental-hops pseudo-SMaSH's, looks like Cascade will be getting the next treatment!

:)

Those are some good hops. I just brewed a IPA last week with 8oz of them in it and it tasted wonderful when I pulled a sample prior to dry hopping with some Columbus and Kohatu. Enjoy!
The hops give away was awesome! They had 55gal trash cans full of them and giant black plastic yard waste bags full of them for the giveaway. Pretty much take what you could carry out. I ended up with about 2lbs. Some people came with trash bags in hand. I'll definitely be going back next year

Well, actually brown truck delivered this yesterday(Saturday)..But got my 2 big azz strainers and funnel w/strainer..Will come in handing during sparging! :)

big ass strainers.jpg

Still waiting on my "replacement" jacket so my wife doesnt know I f*cked up the one she got me for Christmas. Very small tear in a down jacket (that has since been patched), but she would kill me if she found out given that it happened within a week and the price she paid. On a side note, you could stand in single digit weather with nothing but this jacket and sweat, so it's well worth it.

50ft, 1/2" Stainless Steel HERMS coil with welded tri clover fittings from Stainless Brewing.

image.jpg

QDs, tap handles, bilge fan for air circulation, faucet wrench, growler filler... almost time to build my first keezer!

Got 3 books for my beer adventure!

1: Beer Brewing; Tips and Tricks For Your Home Brew by Byron Kauffman - Mainly recipes from a quick glance
2: Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels - Looks like it has a lot of technical stuff to it
3: Home Brewing - A Complete Guide On How To Brew Beer by James Houston - Will see if it is as good as Papazians books. ;)

Well didn't actually ARRIVE, but UPS tried and now I've gotta go pick it up.

Replacements of my polypins. Got another 10x 1 gallon pins, and 4x 2.5 gallon pins. About time I got some real ale going again.

My new SS Brewtech 15 gallon kettle. It is a thing of beauty.

Also a NEMA enclosure for my new panel, a heat sink for the SSRs and some switches and LEDs to make it all look shiny.

Back