What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it isn't much but...

IMG_20151108_103552.jpg

I want to see the video of you/that guy trying to get out of that pot! :ban:

Brew on :mug:

That is a buddy of mine. The pot is rather roomy, 25 gallons and he really had no trouble un-potting himself. Got it for >60% off, then got an additional bit of money back because it got dinged up a little in shipping (really should have gotten two or three and just made a whole system out of them).

Midwest had shorted me 1lb of Munton's plain light DME on my latest order, & it came in late yesterday. Fairly quick for this time of year when they're all pushing sales! And good ol' pain pills came in too. Definitely need those in the cold season...:mug:

Two boxes full of beer from the UP Michigan. It's good to have a friend in Marquette. Mostly Black Rocks beer plus some New Glarus and home brew.

Two boxes full of beer from the UP Michigan. It's good to have a friend in Marquette. Mostly Black Rocks beer plus some New Glarus and home brew.

New Glarius is WI only...he drive over the border for you? that is a good friend. Spotted Cow really is about the best "daily drinker" that I cannot get daily.

Half a pound of Nelson Sauvin and two ounces of HBC438. The Nelson will be used in a near smash pilsen wort (with a little acidulated) hopped up like a nice IPA. I'll split the wort and pitch WLP001 into one and 3711 into the other. Jekyll and Hyde.

Not sure what to do with the HBC438 yet. Thinking I'll mash in enough for 8 gallons, and then boil two separate 4 gallon batches out of it. Buttering with Nugget, then HBC finish on one, Columbus on the other (with 15 and 5 minute additions plus dry hop).

Half a pound of Nelson Sauvin and two ounces of HBC438. The Nelson will be used in a near smash pilsen wort (with a little acidulated) hopped up like a nice IPA. I'll split the wort and pitch WLP001 into one and 3711 into the other. Jekyll and Hyde.

Not sure what to do with the HBC438 yet. Thinking I'll mash in enough for 8 gallons, and then boil two separate 4 gallon batches out of it. Buttering with Nugget, then HBC finish on one, Columbus on the other (with 15 and 5 minute additions plus dry hop).

HBC Is excellent, I SMaSHed with it and it's delicious. Perfect pale ale style hop, you'll be very satisfied with the flavor it puts out

HBC Is excellent, I SMaSHed with it and it's delicious. Perfect pale ale style hop, you'll be very satisfied with the flavor it puts out

That's what I was planning on. A simple pale ale with about 6% crystal, and a little wheat. I want to start doing paired batches to see differences in ingredients. After the yeast and hops batches I am planning one for Bries 2 row vs a Texas maltster, using a light does of cascade.

Expecting today to get a brix refractometer....best part I paid just shiping for it.

3 quick connects
6 kegs, (4 of them are wrong but the company is shipping out the correct ones)
waiting for my fermenter temp control system top come next!

Coopers Canadian Blonde kit, grain bag, 1oz of hops and 6lbs of canadian 2-row. Trying partial mash BIAB for the second time! The first batch is in the bottles!

A second aeropress for my house (the other one is at work) and some gasket for my woodstove. Really haven't bought any new shiny beer equipment in a long while.

2 more kegs from keg connection
I ordered them around midnight on Friday. Got here(TN) monday from Texas.
And FedEx left the box in the rain....

Yesterday I got a glass syringe to measure out yeast and glycerol for freezing. Today the vials came.

Not heaps exciting but a little something to add to the box of brewing goodies..... Now to finish the stir plate.

Mr Brown was nice enough to stop by with my order from SS Brewing, to include;

2ea SS 1/2" compression x mpt bore thru fittings

1ea 1/2" 90* bend long SS tube

1ea 1/2" 180* bend SS tube

1ea 1-1/2" TC clamp

2ea TC end caps

3ea TC silicone gaskets

1ea 1-1/2" TC butterfly valve

Upgrades for brew tank, mlt & stout 15.5 gal conical :ban:

Latest posts

Back