What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got those Four badboys

image.jpg

Sorachi for a asian lager with forbidden rice
Eldorado for a cherry porter
J17 for an IPA
southern passion also for an IPA

New 1/2" auto siphon, 5 ft of tubing, new bottling bucket, new spigot for bucket, 9 lbs of grain, 1/2 lb of warrior hops, 1 packet of US-05. I have a cool ferment fermentation bag that's supposed to arrive today as well. Brew day Saturday!

My brand new 5 gallon corny keg with rubber handles that I bought from AIH with a 20 dollar gift certificate! Now need to pick a recipe to brew up to fill it!

I'm still a noob so nothing too exciting for anyone else but I got my bazooka screen for my new (and only) mash tun today! I picked it up off eBay for $16, hopefully the cheapness doesnt bite me in the arse! (are we allowed to swear on here? I have a potty mouth). It says it's stainless but from China (304?) so hopefully I didn't get burned. The holes look a lil large. Still excited, batch number two in the planning stage! Anyone else use one of these?

6 3-gallon pinlocks (loose handle from AIH for $30 each, only one has a loose handle- little JB weld will fix that.) Edit - looks like I wiped them out, they're no longer on the site and they raised the price of the non-loose handle ones back to $50 - score!

I already have 4 of them so this brings me to an even 10 to go with my 5x5 gallon ball-locks. Need to try oversized o-rings as the ones have on my current pin-locks don't seal very easily. McMaster-Carr, here I come!

3 ball lock lids with holes for fermenting.

Grains and candi syrup.

Ball lock posts seem to be back ordered or something, they're missing from my order - sent them an email.

View attachment 1438439744954.jpg

View attachment 1438439760093.jpg

View attachment 1438439810085.jpg

Actually came in the back of my truck.
Dual digital controls. Not enough room for a fermentor, but for $100, my wife will be glad I'm finally cellaring in the garage

image.jpg

Don't you need some sort of permit to own those? I am sure the ATF has your address now and you had better not plan on making any air travel in the near future.

I have a permit, now what? :D

"I am assuming this isn't about the alcohol or tobacco, is it?"

Good point. They probably have us all listed for those parts already.

My Homeland Security file (formerly FBI file) is so long now it comes as a binder each year when I order it under the FoIA. I do it for entertainment. The last 4 years have been rather boring but it does return my FICO score for free.

Amazing what a few dozen interesting visas and passport stamps will do...on top of a class 1 license...and a Commercial pilot's license (long inactive)...and a concealed carry permit (in three states, also lapsed)...and a recent purchase of a lot of stuff from a hydroponics shop (my local HBS)...and the recent purchase of a particular long gun.

I am lacking the membership in a cult or militia but other than that I tick most of the boxes.

Oh, and my Secret clearance is also inactive and my TS SCII with polygraph is lapsed...sure that has nothing to do with the overwatch.

Back