What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a big-honkin' drill from Harbor Freight to drive my new monster mill MM-2 2.0. Pretty psyched to [finally] mill my own grains!

Silicone o-rings for flow switch have arrived.. I'll finally finish new HLT.

I got this! :ban:

Bug Yeast.JPG

ytatuhu3.jpg
Cereal Killer from Adventures in Homebrewing!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

LHBS gift certificates that scored me a barley crusher mill a 50# sack of 2 row, 10# sacks of Vienna, and Munich Malt. Time to check the gap and see if I can get a consistent crush/efficiency from this mill. Now I need to figure out what to brew first. Lolol. Decisions, Decisions....

Nothing big, just my coupon for a free vial of White Labs, only need 2 or 3 more to get another coupon.

This! Been saving up pocket money for months. Giggled like a little kid while unpacking it. Can't wait for a brew day! (Sorry for duplicate post, slip of the thumb! Can't figure out how to delete from iPhone app)

image-28511743.jpg

I took advantage of the Northern Brewer deal, spend $150 and get a free dark star burner. I bought a barley crusher mill, 1 pound of cherrywood smoked malt, and peace coffee 2nd crack stout all grain kit. I'll take pics when I unbox them later this week.

This! Been saving up pocket money for months. Giggled like a little kid while unpacking it. Can't wait for a brew day! (Sorry for duplicate post, slip of the thumb! Can't figure out how to delete from iPhone app)

Which kettle from where and how much?! I've been researching new kettles for a while and still haven't made up my mind... Just finished grad school and the budget doesn't get much better when student loans are due!

Wife had a discount code from ordering stuff from Northern Brewer, so I ordered an AG beer kit Surly Bender. One vial of Fermcap and one bottle of Whirlfloc tabs.

Lets see that's two AG beer kits waiting in the wings, gonna be some fun weekends coming up.

Which kettle from where and how much?! I've been researching new kettles for a while and still haven't made up my mind... Just finished grad school and the budget doesn't get much better when student loans are due!

It's from Spike Brewing. My Spike Brewing 15 gallon kettle should be here Wednesday. I can't wait. Long weekend this weekend and a brew day is sure to commence. :rockin:

It's from Spike Brewing. My Spike Brewing 15 gallon kettle should be here Wednesday. I can't wait. Long weekend this weekend and a brew day is sure to commence. :rockin:

Tomorrow I should get my kettles too. Sweet!

50# sack of pale ale malt from more beer! Hope I can make some good beers with it. $1 per lb is way better than the $2.20 they charge at my LHBS.

Also, should be receiving the last couple of pieces I need to build my stir plate later today. Good week to be off from work :ban:

Nothing I ordered, but a buddy sent me a few homebrews and one of his nifty pint glasses with his brewery name/logo on it.

You can't tell from the picture on the glass (or maybe you can) but he has Sphynx cat - thus, the name.

vd7a.jpg

TANSTAAFB said:

Spike brewing 10gal. I went back and forth quite a bit. Knew I would have $150 to spend. Aluminum was not an option for me, wanted a single bulkhead for a ball valve, wanted a decent gauge steel for durability, and because of the limits of stove-top brewing I figured a tri-clad bottom would slow me down. If I had waited three days for the NB sale I would have jumped on the megapot 10gal at $150 and scored the free burner too. But then I'd be stuck drilling and using a weldless bulkhead, which I'd probably botch. Super pleased with the Spike kettle's appearance and build quality. Older reviews show the welded handle models and non-sanitary TIG welds. Mine has riveted handles on pot and lid and the weld on the bulkhead is a thing of beauty. I'm sure this thing will be around along time. What options were you looking at?

today was graduation day from 1gal to 5gal
Received a 8gal brew pot with valve and temperature gauge, 10gal mash tun with false bottom, ingredients for a IPA and Altbier. Its going to be a fun weekend

Back