What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were in Kennewick for the weekend so stopped at Ice Harbor on Clover Island. I had their Harvest Pale, had a really strange hop flavor (I love IPA's, the hoppier the better, but this one tasted like juniper). Husband had the Tangerine Exbeerience, wish I had gone with that one. Then on the way home we stopped at HopNation in Yakima, brought home a growler each of their ESBeotch and Daily Weiss, almost killed the whole growler of the Weiss last night, it's fabuloso. Thinking of doing a Weiss for my next batch.

Still in Maine but I think the trip is complete, need to let the liver rest. Ended up hitting:
Barreled Souls
Banded Horn
Run of the Mill
Shipyard
Rising Tide
Oxbow
Bunker Hill
Gritty McDuff's
Liquid Riot
Allagash
Bissel Brothers
Foundation
Austin Street
Maine Beer (missed Dinner by 2 days)
Bigelow

Nice list, but useless without pics

Nice list, but useless without pics

Sorry not a picture guy. If there were pics what are the agreed upon pics, brewery or the beer?

Three of us did a blind taste test, interesting results. Heady and sip of sunshine were not in the top three.

image.jpg

Sorry not a picture guy. If there were pics what are the agreed upon pics, brewery or the beer?

Three of us did a blind taste test, interesting results. Heady and sip of sunshine were not in the top three.

Wow! The only 2 I've actually had from your list are SOS and HT. Both I thought were delicious...

Hidden Springs yesterday, and Green Bench today. Southern Homebrew tomorrow, my favorite Berliner and homebrew supplies.

Yep, in Sioux Falls.
In the twin cities, I suppose Surly is worth the trip; I've heard good things about Fair State's taproom but haven't been there yet. Lots of others to choose from.

Fair State is less than a mile from me, and I will let you know that it is a really great brewery. They have an awesome sour program going on and both their Vienna Lager and Schwarzbier are excellent.

Fair State is less than a mile from me, and I will let you know that it is a really great brewery. They have an awesome sour program going on and both their Vienna Lager and Schwarzbier are excellent.

I've heard good things about Fair State's beers.

White Labs. Also having the Frankenstout, per Kev's recommendation. Lotta complexity.

Have been to both Sleeping Giant in Thunder Bay, ON and Rebellion Brewing in Regina, SK. Oh and Lake of the Woods Brew Co in Kenora, ON.

Hit up Arrowhead Brewery tonight (New Lenox, IL). Very nice lineup. No pics, 'cus they also had Hailstorm's Vlad the Conquistador (ris with peppers and tequila barrel aged... 13.1%), and that drew the night short. Lol!

Local brewery, with great beer, great food (seriously great), also serving another local brewery's great beer. Fantastic! Lol!

Next up is a return trip to Perrin in Michigan in two weeks. Can't wait. I miss her so...

I like to hit Three Floyds on a monthly basis, then I usually hit out local brewery with a minimal selection once or twice a month. There's a liquor store by one of the shops I visit in Hammond Ind. who almost ALWAYS have a couple cases of Zombie Dust on hand.

I like to hit Three Floyds on a monthly basis, then I usually hit out local brewery with a minimal selection once or twice a month. There's a liquor store by one of the shops I visit in Hammond Ind. who almost ALWAYS have a couple cases of Zombie Dust on hand.

Dave, sometime you should venture out to Excelsior Brewery near Lake Minnetonka. IMO, it's the best brewery I've been to out of the 20 breweries in the Twin Cities area. My favorite is their Bitteschlappe Brown Ale, but They have at least 8 or 10 different brews on tap at any given time. Gotta say I really miss that brewery since moving to Florida last October. :mug:

Oops, just noticed that I replied to Dfitz instead of Dave......my bad.

Last edited:
So this is not quite a brewery visit but close. Tomorrow is a town street festival in Bristol, VT called Pocock Rocks. Hogback Mountain Brewery is doing a tap takeover a local restaurant, Cubbers. The owner of the brewery, Kevin Hanson, will be there serving up samples and chatting with the people. I plan to stop in and see what is going on, try some samples, drink a pint and maybe chat with Kevin before I head off to some other afternoon plans. At some point though, I would like to check out his brewery. It is a 1.5BBL nanobrewery that ferments double batches in 3BBL fermenters.

So this is not quite a brewery visit but close. Tomorrow is a town street festival in Bristol, VT called Pocock Rocks. Hogback Mountain Brewery is doing a tap takeover a local restaurant, Cubbers. The owner of the brewery, Kevin Hanson, will be there serving up samples and chatting with the people. I plan to stop in and see what is going on, try some samples, drink a pint and maybe chat with Kevin before I head off to some other afternoon plans. At some point though, I would like to check out his brewery. It is a 1.5BBL nanobrewery that ferments double batches in 3BBL fermenters.

How are things going at The Bobcat these days? Have they got the brewery back up and running? Our brewclub (based out of Manchester) stopped in last summer when they were still waiting for their TTB license update, but we did get to taste the barrel aged porter.

How are things going at The Bobcat these days? Have they got the brewery back up and running? Our brewclub (based out of Manchester) stopped in last summer when they were still waiting for their TTB license update, but we did get to taste the barrel aged porter.

They are up and brewing, these days. I wish they brewed an IPA, but everything else is good anyway. And great food! I only moved to Bristol 2 1/2 months ago. But I only moved from Shelburne so I had heard of them and had wanted to go there for the longest time but never got around to it until after moving to town. The previous owners of the house we bought actually gave us a gift certificate to The Bobcat. Can't be mad about that!

Golden Road has a new location in Anaheim. I'll probably stop by for a drink, and head out to Noble to pick up a couple of bottles of I Love It APA.

A few weeks ago I visited Creature Comforts brewery in Athens Georgia. It was fun. They had an alright Pilsner, a gross Gose and an Awesome sour. I believe there was also a pineapple IPA but maybe i'm mistaken. Great brewery if you are in the area!

Dave, sometime you should venture out to Excelsior Brewery near Lake Minnetonka. IMO, it's the best brewery I've been to out of the 20 breweries in the Twin Cities area. My favorite is their Bitteschlappe Brown Ale, but They have at least 8 or 10 different brews on tap at any given time. Gotta say I really miss that brewery since moving to Florida last October. :mug:

Oops, just noticed that I replied to Dfitz instead of Dave......my bad.

I like most all of Excelsior's beers, but I don't get over to that side of town too often. I'll have to plan a trip over there sometime.

hitting up New Glarus (again, yearly thing) and will take some pictures, beautiful brewery, still ridiculous pricing for a brewery it's size, but still good.

I am currently sitting in Spencer Devons .Taking advantage of happy hour and getting off early for the fourth of July. It's cool because they use a couple of recipe from a couple of local home brew clubs .

Will be taking the wife to the new Golden Road in Anaheim tonight. See what's new.

Crow Hop Brewing in Loveland, CO. I live near here but have never been in. Didn't care for their Pale or IPA, but their Hefeweizen is pretty decent.

Heading to GR tomorrow to see my beloved brewery Perrin! There's supposed to be a new brewery called Greyline or something. Gotta check that out too. Then round out the evening at good ol' Founder's...

Back