What beer style did brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I brewed from an online recipe and I would like to know what style I brewed. The recipe just says blonde ale so is it an APA or can it be an IPA, or other?

I used Belgian Pale Ale and Caramel Munich 2 Malt (4.75kg and 0.25K)
Mandarina Bavaria Hops (40g, 60min boil)
Safale US 05 yeast (one pakket)
Batch size 23L

Would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Gerrit

There are two types of Blonde Ales in the style guidelines. This looks like the standard one. Not the Belgium blonde ale. Especially using US 05 yeast.

There's plenty of info available (online) for the different beer styles. I suggest you get the links and/or download the style guide(s) for future reference.

I mean, after running it through a recipe builder(Brewer's Friend), guesstimating with the actual type of malts and what not. The specs would be:
Est. OG: 1.048
Est. FG: 1.009
5.2%ABV
25 IBU
8 SRM

So it appears to be in the 18A Blonde Ale category.
Do you know what your starting gravity was?

I mean, after running it through a recipe builder(Brewer's Friend), guesstimating with the actual type of malts and what not. The specs would be:
Est. OG: 1.048
Est. FG: 1.009
5.2%ABV
25 IBU
8 SRM

So it appears to be in the 18A Blonde Ale category.
Do you know what your starting gravity was?

Ok thanks. It was 1.041 which seems a bit on the low side... Our grains were not crushed very fine, could this have an impact?

Back