What beer and gas tubing do you use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leezer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I plan to start kegging soon and have noticed there are a few options in tubing that can vary a lot in price. Wondered what type others use and would recommend?

fwiw, I use plain old Bevlex 200 solid PVC beer line, and braid-reinforced clear Tygon gas line, both 3/16" ID and slipped over 1/4" flare connectors...

Cheers!

Bevlex Ultra, 16' per keg @12 psi. John Guest push fittings to connect to MFL QDs and tap shanks.

1/4" Bevlex 200 for gas (3/16" will work just as fine) and I still use some 3/16" for beer here and there.

I can't see the need to spend ~$2 a foot on "specialty lines" such as those from from EJ Beverage.

The Bevlex Ultra has a PET liner, is very slick and easy to clean. Really never had any problems with the vinyl Bevlex 200 lines either, although they tend to discolor with use.

fwiw, I use plain old Bevlex 200 solid PVC beer line, and braid-reinforced clear Tygon gas line, both 3/16" ID and slipped over 1/4" flare connectors...

Cheers!

Do you get any plastic taste from your lines? I'm using beverage grade PVC lines and have to dump the first few oz.

Nope, not a trace.
But we may be at opposite ends of the ability to taste whatever PVC line contributes to the beer...

Cheers!

I wondered about the taste thing too. Some of the reviews indicated that could be a problem. But sounds like it varies by personal experience.

I'm working on a new theory that I'm getting a plastic kind of odor from the inside of the keezer and that's permeating through the lines. Could be a bit of a stretch, but I didn't have the problem in my old BeverageAir with the same brand of PVC lines (not Bevlex).

I use accuflex bev seal ultra 3/16"ID with the john guest push fittings too. Never have any plastic off flavors and it flows nicely. Very easy to clean and reuse though lately I just throw it out after every keg (~6ft of line per keg) You can get 100ft for 39.99 shipped from birdmanbrewing.com which is a pretty good deal.

Back