What are your Memorial Day HB plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
Personally I am going to be taking my beer-side-Togo dispensing setup on it's maiden voyage ( pic below). It will have a Belgium Strong Blonde that was racked on 2 pounds of strawberry purée dubbed "PD (panty dropper) Strawberry Blonde". It will also have a 90 min Dog Fish IPA clone that I finished and dry hopped with Cascade hops instead named "Cascadian Dog Fish" and a common amber using only MT. Hood hops named shockingly "MT. Hood Amber."

The fourth tap will actually have jungle juice in it so it should be a crazy night. Good thing it's on 25 acres and no one is leaving. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400892840.994892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My first ever batch will be getting dispensed to a few friends at an Hawaiian party tomorrow so it should be eventful, a few people will have it shooting out of one end or the other or I'll be coming home with a load of beer to drink.

Won't have any home brew quite ready yet. So some other beer for me,as no one else in the family drinks. Just us anyway. BBQ some steaks & other stuff.

Like union, we'll be BBQing steaks (yes, I like to smoke them a bit), but unlike union, I have a strong honey wheat and a strong dark hybrid ready to drink, and both are very good!

No brewing, but plan to rip thru some of the ~20gallons i have in various kegs

Conan the Brown - 6.7% Conan fermented english nut brown
Kicking Cans - 8.3% IPA hopped with Columbus, Amarillo, Nugget and Simcoe
Rock of Love - Golden ale fermented with over 5 stains of brett and 10+ bottle dregs from Kane, Crooked stave, Jolly Pumpkin and Russian River
Brett Amos - Oatmeal stout with amber malt and 15% oats. Finished with brett brux in the keg.
Wild #1 - First sour, flanders style. Primary for 2 months. Racked to oak for 8months. In keg for 4 months. First serving this weekend!!

Also have a wedding after work today, insane pool party tmrow and winieries and breweries out east on the island monday
Should be a good weekend

Cheers guys!

I don't have any home brew ready but i've got some Yazoo hop project i'm sippin on. And i have a grill full of ribs, leg quarters and will be putting on the burgers and brats later. :mug:

I picked up some chicken legs & thighs with Italian sausage as well. Sweet Baby Ray's honey BBQ sauce. And The brew Kettle's White Rajah IPA,Founder's Centennial IPA & DFH Namaste for the holiday.

I'll be brewing a chocolate coconut milk stout and grilling out.

Bottled 40 bottles of Blackberry Honey Wheat this morning. Now I'm making some wheat beer that will be extracted raspberry flavor. Tomorrow I will be running another wheat beer that will be puréed raspberry. I'm new just try to experiment and learn what does what and what I like. This be my 4th run, tomorrow will be my 5th. I'm just starting to sample my first run this weekend.

Well, it all got drunk and nobody was ill, it was recognised as a blonde and one uber polite person wanted the recipe. I'd call that a success. Now where's my bed.

Brewing a saison tomorrow and firing up the smoker and smoking a pork butt and a turkey breast............mmmmmmm

Since the fridge is still on the fritz,I'm chilling my top off water to whatever temp I can get on turbo cool. With the hops,yeast & LME warming up,I've decided I'd better get the saison brewed up today. Gotta pit BBQ chicken legs & thighs with Italian sausage & corn as well. Gonna be an eventful day.

Brewed two batches on Sat. and Sun., and today I'm going to try and make room in the keg fridge (heh heh) so I can mix up a keg of root beer for my nieces who will be visiting next weekend.

Ditto here. Our daughter is supposed to fly in from SoCal on the first. The ESB might be barely ready to chill by then. The leftover ESB bit from bottling day made a great reduction for the sweet onion & mushroom steak sauce I made yesterday.

Here's what I did:

1z4l4cm.jpg
[/IMG]

That's (L to R) beef burgers brats, anaheim peppers filled with team cheese and wrapped with bacon, steaks, turkey burgers, the other steaks, and red corn along with my dark hybrid beer. This was smoked with 2/3 hickory and 1/3 mesquite, which I've found myself rather fond of these days.

I should have put a fe jalapeños on there too. Oh well, there's always next time...

Got the saison in the fermenter. BBQ'd the chicken & Italian sausage with pecan wood on the coals late yesterday. the pecan smell reminded me of mesquite & alder. Worked out really well with the whisky BBQ sauce. Spicy fruity goodness. Washed it down with Founder's centennial IPA & DFH namaste.

Back