What are you trying tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stef1966

Reaction score
Hey after all, what are Friday's good for if it ain't a good time to kick back and enjoy some brew?

I mostly drink my own Brew nowadays but i sometimes try out some stuff just for fun and to make my palate learn a thing or two.

Last Weekend i had the Belgian Leffe, the dark one, was so yummy really, i loved the quirkiness it had, might have been form the yeast? who knows, but i truly enjoyed it, i killed the six pack in about 2 hours and a half or so.

Tonight im going with a local one!
Unibroue's Blonde Pilsener, so far im quite pleased, a very well balanced Brew not overly hopped, very smooth on the palate and refreshing, you can taste the pale malts over the everything else, crystal clear beer with no quirkiness this time, i could drink a case of these while mowing the lawn on a hot summer day.

Here's a pic:
IMG_0510-1.jpg

Cheers! :mug:

Sampling an American Wheat when it gets bottled tonight. Then maybe an IPA or IIPA. I rarely buy commercial beer anymore, unless I absolutely have to. IMO. I think my beer tastes better. But I'm somewhat biased that way too...:mug:

My batch of a Newcastle clone is at its 3 week point of bottle conditioning. In hopes that it is ready to go, I put a sixpack in the fridge last night. If not, I have some Sea Hag IPA in the fridge too.

I've been hitting my first Kolsch pretty hard already this evening. It's only been in bottle for a week but it's pretty darn good. I also tried Victorys' Golden Monkey tripel for the first time a little while ago. That's a pretty good beer as well, but I actually like my own tripel better.

I got a bomber of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale in my fridge waiting for me to get home. I have another 30 minutes before I can take off, but I'm hoping the boss will take pity on me and let me go home. Biking to work definitely makes me nice and thirsty... I'm not concentrating on work very well, as you can see...

Already had my pale ale, dry-hopped red, and now i am working on a 3 Philosophers! Love that stuff... it makes any occasion special :)

Got my ESB, Red, Ordinary Bitter, Special Bitter, and my Abbey single malt all ready in the bottles in my spare fridge. I'm in homebrew heaven!! Now if only my blond, Haus Pale Ale, and IPA were ready, I'd be blasted!!! Drink on my friend!!! I haven't had a commercial beer in months. Homebrew is so much better!! Fresh from all grains and killer hop varieties can't be beat.:ban:

I've been sitting on a sixer of SN Torpedo for a week! I can't wait to tear into it.

I think I'll be having a DFH90 for the first time tonight, and probably follow that up with a Bomber of Old Guardian. I just bought a bunch of stuff at BevMo. Green Flash IIPA & Barley Wine, Bear Republic Red Rocket, Stone IPA, Samuel Smiths IPA. I bought out what they had left of Lagunitas Gnarleywine & the last Hop Stoopid, but those were for a buddy of mine. Spent about 100 bones in there and only got fraction of what i wanted.

I will be sampling the IPA bottled last night, my Kenilworth Ale (Amber Ale), and my Magic Hat Clone. I have a bottle of Arrogant Bastard that is just calling my name.

Odds are I'll end up on the couch tonight.

Just got back from a Reno local, Ben's Fine Spirits... so awesome. Got a 6er of Leinenkugels Berry-Weiss, 6er of Sierra Nevada Big Foot and a very large bottle of Rouge's special IPA.

I'm incredibly stoked because they are three bees I've never had before... I've had Big Foot, but not the 2009 batch ^_^

Plus, I asked if they needed any summer help and they are actually looking for someone with extensive beer knowledge. I just about needed a change of pants! I have interview Monday. GLEE!! :rockin:

I had the day off and stopped at the bar to get a Stone Levitation on draft and it came in a Stone Gold rimmed tulip glass that I got to keep! I also tried a DFH Aprihop draft, didn't care for it too much and Great Lakes Grassroots Ale!

I had a leftover Holiday Ale, an ale with honey honey for dryness and a touch of roast barley for a red color and slight roasted flavor, seasoned with ginger, cinnamon and orange peel. Then I had a Munich/U.S. Saaz Smash (with lager yeast), and now I'm sipping on a wit. Maybe I'll cap the night with a stout.

Bought a 22 of Stone Arrogant Bastard (which I've had and love) and a 22 of Stone Imperial Russian Stout which I'm trying for the first time. I have an aversion to most stouts but decided to put my big boy pants on and try it. I must be acquiring a taste for stouts because the Stone IRS is awesome!

Fuller's ESB (so fine) and Rogue Mocha Porter (sweet packaging).

Well I think I'll go to the fridge and get back to you on that one in a few.

Well, I tried to say no to a Prima Pils, but it's just too good. Well that and the fact that it's too late to crack open anything too extravagant.

ommegang funkhouse, DFH 90min, anchor steam

What do you think of DFH90? I'm having it for the first time tonight. It seems to have a very nutty taste to it, doesn't have the hop presence that I expected. It's a very interesting beer.1 12oz bottle goes a long way.:mug:

I have one bottle of Mikkeller and My IPA chilling for when I get off of work tonight. It will be my first tasting of the Mikkeller.

I picked up some Victory Hop Wallop. Not spectacular but good.

I know what you mean.Victory makes awesome beers,but I'm not a fan of their IPAs hop devil isn't that great either.Golden monkey,storm king stout,and horizontal BW on the other hand are freaking amazing.

Me and my dad are heading out to Founders tonight to hit the taproom. Then, off to the Hop Cat. I thinking of trying their Honey Sage. And the Centennial IPA at the brewery is always awesome, but I want to try something different. I'm thinking a black and tan with the Centennial and the Breakfast Stout.

EDIT->Got the Pepper Pale Ale, The Hand of Doom bourbon cask aged IIPA, the other IIPA Double Trouble, and the Stout family:Oatmeal, Imperial, and Breakfast. Made a Black and tan out of the Oatmeal and Hand of Doom, awesome.

What do you think of DFH90? I'm having it for the first time tonight. It seems to have a very nutty taste to it, doesn't have the hop presence that I expected. It's a very interesting beer.1 12oz bottle goes a long way.:mug:

I really like the dfh min beers. I think you are right when I first tried it I thought it would have more hop bitterness, aroma but I think it is a really tasty beer. I have a bottle of 120 I need to open.

Latest posts

Back