What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Blonde Lite. 3.7%.
5E9FE93B-7A3C-46B2-A433-BE0C873A4F61.jpeg

Thanks for that picture!

I currently have a new recipe for a brown porter that'll crash tomorrow and it's very similar to your color. As usual, I wrote the recipe on my mind's tongue (if it can have an eye, it can also have a tongue, okay?). While I was delighted by its color heading into the fermenter, there was an argument to be made that it was a bit too red to call it a porter in good faith.

As a brewer that delights in that fuzzy area between porter, brown ale, and mild, it's reassuring to see a pro beer treading that same ground.

Thanks!
View attachment 784362
You're welcome! It is definitely more red than most "porters" I've had and lighter in body, too. Good beer but not what I'm accustomed to in a porter. I think it meets BJCP guidelines but they seem pretty broad for porter.

From last night. Next door neighbors had family up from the gulf coast and dropped off homemade choc/hazelnut beignets. Holy cr*p! First time having it. Don't usually like desserts with beer but went real well with River Styx anniv bourbon barrel Oreo stout.
IMG_20221021_194353.jpg

Also TH Simple Life from last night.
IMG_20221021_210334.jpg

Research tonight for MTL next week. Year old Stimpy. Supposedly this is the original Kate the Great (Mott the Lessor) recipe
IMG_20221022_195859.jpg

Latest posts

Back