What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One can left. I need to visit this brewery.
CA4AC966-BB24-4ECF-A40E-95212CA9F9A7.jpeg

Gotta admit I bought it because I liked the label. Nice solid old school ipa though. Might have to check these guys out whenever I make it up to Duluth again. Warrior brewing company
View attachment 778263
Is that one just a straight IPA? A few months back, I had the Patriot, and it was a milkshake IPA that was below average, but I felt it would be better if it were just a normal, no frills IPA. They also make a Russian imperial stout that I sampled at a BJCP sponsored homebrew competition that was hosted in their brewery and it was pretty damn good, so I would reccomend checking out that one, too.

Is that one just a straight IPA? A few months back, I had the Patriot, and it was a milkshake IPA that was below average, but I felt it would be better if it were just a normal, no frills IPA. They also make a Russian imperial stout that I sampled at a BJCP sponsored homebrew competition that was hosted in their brewery and it was pretty damn good, so I would reccomend checking out that one, too.
Yep, just a regular American ipa. I saw on their site they have a lactose ipa listed under the same name and label. There was a four pack of a honey golden ale in the cooler as well and I might snag that next time.

Been making and canning spaghetti sauce most of the day. Now it's time to chill and enjoy one of my favorite craft Pilsners. Chill Pils by Straight to Ale Huntsville AL. Damn clean refreshing crisp pilsner with nice hop to malt character. View attachment 778282
I canned some bread & butter pickles and sweet banana peppers today.
375AE6E5-7A01-4CB1-AFE6-2F3B94BDA195.jpeg

3" of steady rain at the end of the club championship. Two towns over at home? Dry and humid. The clouds just popped up and pounded us at sunset.

Been meaning to try this local distillery. They get good reviews and I'm always up in that area. Oddly I am close to the NH border. Only produced for them. Privateer? There's only 18 miles of beautiful NH coastline but tons of naval history.. Really good. Vanilla and cinnamon.
IMG_20220820_202954_1.jpg
IMG_20220820_203012.jpg

I just brewed a Best Bitter on Aug. 1st and kegged it a few days ago. Mine looks quite like yours, it tastes good but I am hoping it clears. I added gelatin to the keg yesterday and I'll pour one again tomorrow to see if it helped.

@camonick @pshankstar

Just a note, I've added Baking Soda, successfully, in effort to raise the pH. More for being too acidic at the end then for fermentation. It's been so long I couldn't tell you amounts though. I'll be curious on pshank's experiment!

Local Helles...keg still going strong

View attachment 778274
This morning I woke up to a insanely bubbly airlock with WLP001. It has a much longer lag time than expected but I’m ok with that now I finally see activity. @camonick

Now I’m back home after a busy day with the kids and their friends. Time for a beer, Dirt Nap from The Veil.
CB5492D1-A7AF-459D-BE4A-70C1A17E132E.jpeg

I just brewed a Best Bitter on Aug. 1st and kegged it a few days ago. Mine looks quite like yours, it tastes good but I am hoping it clears. I added gelatin to the keg yesterday and I'll pour one again tomorrow to see if it helped.
Ha... thats why I love to brew hefe's... they are supposed to be cloudy lol.

Latest posts

Back