What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Blonde Lite
7B788D43-B099-4556-86E9-032473248F2E.jpeg

@CaddyWampus Great looking cocktail! A lemon twist works too :) How is that naked grouse? Never had it. How does it compare to the Monkey Shoulder? Seems to also be in the all-malt category. I know the shoulder has a bit of Glenrothes blended in for spiciness. I'll be seeking out the ralfy.com review on that...

What is your preferred Rob Roy ratio?

If you like sherried malts, you’ll like Naked Grouse.

I generally start with a 2:3/4 ratio but with the Naked Grouse I could easily do a 2:1 ratio. That sherry is very strong, but I love it.

If you like sherried malts, you’ll like Naked Grouse.

I generally start with a 2:3/4 ratio but with the Naked Grouse I could easily do a 2:1 ratio. That sherry is very strong, but I love it.
@CaddyWampus I do! That's why Glen Moray is my go-to, along with the Singleton .. can't beat either at that price point. I'd like to try a beer aged in sherry casks actually! When I am not in a sherry mood, I go for the Glenmorangie 10.

Slice of Life 'NEIPA' by Town Square Brewing. I was a little worried it was going to be some weird pizza/neipa fusion... "This hazy IPA brings big tropical and citrus flavours....blah blah blah." Sigh. Tastes like a dry beer flavoured with wet dog!? If there's really DDH of Strata, Mosaic and Cascade in this beer, I'll eat my hat. Not buying this one again. 🤣 🤢 🤷‍♂️

Slice_of_Life.jpg

View attachment 764504When you’re in Florida and you find a fresh 4-pack of J. Wakefield you have to pull the trigger. Pretty good & more like a classic American IPA.
I had that one last year when I was in FL. Was an amusing name since my wife is a teacher. Turned out to be a decent beer.

Latest posts

Back