What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew maibock
20220327_185411.jpg

Makers and water?
@LoneTreeFarms We might be, ok, we are distributing down to Humbolt starting in a week or two. HyVee and waiting to hear back from whatever bar is downtown. Keep an eye out, and make sure you lie to me and tell me you love everything we make.
The bar is 716 main. It’s really good if you haven’t been there yet. I’m excited to try a few more than the staples I grabbed from Algona. Oh and I’m an excellent liar!! 😜

Drinking literal water while preparing some rum soaked oak cubes for a near future mead project.

View attachment 764320

Oooo, curious minds would like to know your mead plan...

HB Maple Brown from what's left after growlering (a verb?) the leftovers yesterday.

PXL_20220328_204956616.PORTRAIT.jpg

Bumping up the ABV a bit while deciding if I want to work overtime tomorrow night.

Monologue....
This first week on nightshift was a blessing. No management nor engineering in my ear every 30min while trying to fix equipment. I was the focal guy, lead tech, on days thus everyone, I mean everyone, came to me about their little issues. Nights get paid 15% more. Down side?? 🤔

PXL_20220328_211454461.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220328_211509035.PORTRAIT.jpg

Oooo, curious minds would like to know your mead plan...

HB Maple Brown from what's left after growlering (a verb?) the leftovers yesterday.

View attachment 764328

I plan on it involving caramelized honey, maybe some buckwheat or meadow foam honey and the aforementioned rum soaked oak cubes. Planning for my biggest mead yet. Hoping for around 15-17%.

I plan on it involving caramelized honey, maybe some buckwheat or meadow foam honey and the aforementioned rum soaked oak cubes. Planning for my biggest mead yet. Hoping for around 15-17%.

That sounds over the top good. Truly, can't wait for your results. Never got my Meads where I'd like them quality wise. @pshankstar did some solid ones.

Next....

PXL_20220328_215948580.MP.jpg
PXL_20220328_220004429.MP.jpg

Rob Roy with Naked Grouse. @BrewinInPA don’t scold me for no garnish. I’m out of cherries!

View attachment 764415
@CaddyWampus Great looking cocktail! A lemon twist works too :) How is that naked grouse? Never had it. How does it compare to the Monkey Shoulder? Seems to also be in the all-malt category. I know the shoulder has a bit of Glenrothes blended in for spiciness. I'll be seeking out the ralfy.com review on that...

What is your preferred Rob Roy ratio?

Last edited:
Back