What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a great day. I just kegged my second 10 gallon batch since March 2018. So when I went to put the 2 kegs in the kegerator I realized there were already 6 kegs in there so something had to go. I haven't brewed since 2018, and illness pretty much stopped me from drinking beer so I haven't paid any attention to the kegerator-I assumed there was a keg of prickly pear mead, a keg of cider and 2 empties. But all the kegs were full. It turns out one of the kegs was a keg of normal mead from 2016, and the other was a cherry brett beer that won best of show in 2018. I don't remember having 2 kegs of it , but apparently I did. And since the kegerator has been turned on except for moving day in 2018, the beer is still in great shape except for being a little flat. So, the answer to the "What beer are you drinking" is mead, prickly pear mead, and Cherry Brett.

Today was a great day. I just kegged my second 10 gallon batch since March 2018. So when I went to put the 2 kegs in the kegerator I realized there were already 6 kegs in there so something had to go. I haven't brewed since 2018, and illness pretty much stopped me from drinking beer so I haven't paid any attention to the kegerator-I assumed there was a keg of prickly pear mead, a keg of cider and 2 empties. But all the kegs were full. It turns out one of the kegs was a keg of normal mead from 2016, and the other was a cherry brett beer that won best of show in 2018. I don't remember having 2 kegs of it , but apparently I did. And since the kegerator has been turned on except for moving day in 2018, the beer is still in great shape except for being a little flat. So, the answer to the "What beer are you drinking" is mead, prickly pear mead, and Cherry Brett.

Wow! Must have been an awful illness. Glad to see all is getting better. Miss seeing the "old" HBT folks around! 🍻

Wife says to ensure I'm drinking water. Hum, okay dokey.

PXL_20210708_214138288.jpg

Wow! Must have been an awful illness. Glad to see all is getting better. Miss seeing the "old" HBT folks around! 🍻

Wife says to ensure I'm drinking water. Hum, okay dokey.

View attachment 734827
I was told I had prostate cancer, and when you can't piss, beer is not your friend. Luckily I moved, got a new doctor who fixed me up and found zero cancer. Life is great. Now I still have beer from the old days so life is fantastic.

I was told I had prostate cancer, and when you can't piss, beer is not your friend. Luckily I moved, got a new doctor who fixed me up and found zero cancer. Life is great. Now I still have beer from the old days so life is fantastic.

Truly, glad to hear!

These hooligans are to blame for the misery today. One another note, dad text when the 5.9 hit in the Sierras. Don't miss those!

PXL_20210708_233700674.jpg

Homebrew Pilsner. Finally got it carbed up just the way I wanted it. Didn't feel confident in trying the 'shake and crank' method, so after consulting one of the handy Co2 volume charts online, I just set my regulator to 12 PSI and left it for the last week per the 'Set it and forget it' method of carbonation.

31F44B6D-568F-4BDC-AB48-7393FB226F69.jpeg
Biére de Mai (Blend 2) by OEC Brewing Company, by way of @fourfarthing.
Untappd’s Description:
Brewed using barley malt and hopped with German Tettnang & Spalt. Matured in oak barrels for 9 months. Bottled 4/24/2020
Tart, refreshing, drying finish with lemon characters on the nose and taste. Slight funk to go with it all too. This is tasty!

Last edited:
Hefe wheat beer with Sorachi ace. Did one last year with them added at 15. Came out ok. Wanted more lemon flavor so more aggressive adding them. Definitely more taste of them. Hopefully not too much 'Pledge' flavor. So far can live with it. Trying to figure out how to use that hop.

Back