What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Wheat IPA with supper. Still batching (wife comes home tomorrow).
22480BFA-B3FC-4D22-AD34-99F1199B8C7C.jpeg

Best I made was a massive underpitch of 3068. I tried wl300 with decent results last year, but didn’t get the banana I was hoping for. If I can find a good hefe dry yeast, and a good kolsch dry yeast, I may never go back.

Fermenting warmer will give you that banana. I like a 70/30 banana/ Clove ratio myself.

Definitely try the Safale German Wheat and the Lallemand Kolsch. I made a single batch of German Pils and acidulated Munich, for a 3.0 PH wort. I then fermented half with Philly Sour and half with the Lallemand Kolsch and got two really enjoyable beers, a Berliner Weisse and a Kolsch (I used some lactic acid in the finished Berliner to lower the PH a bit further, tart and refreshing)

Safale WB-06 German Wheat, I am certain that it is every bit as good as the liquid yeasts ive used before (White Labs and Wyeast) and so simple, 5gals, one packet, sprinkled straight ontop !
Great hefe yeast, it's what I use. Gives a nice balance. If you brew it in the low 60s/high 50s, gives a really nice clove profile.

Been eating well for batching it! I’m way more into cooking when it’s for two. I’d probably be on my fourth pizza at the bar up the street, ha.

HB Vienna lager
View attachment 731302

Well, there is no bar up the street. Hell, there isn’t even a street, just an unpaved county road. We‘re so far off the beaten path that it took Google years to finally find us.

Well, there is no bar up the street. Hell, there isn’t even a street, just an unpaved county road. We‘re so far off the beaten path that it took Google years to finally find us.
I miss those days sometimes. I could never talk my wife into moving out into the country, but thats how I grew up. Sandwiched between two 'towns' that topped off at 40pop. One had the bars, the other had the church and the baseball diamond. What else is really needed?

I'm not sure sure about the HBT recipe if we're writing about

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/victory-prima-pils-clone.667670/
To me, the HBT recipes seems just a regular pilsner (especially with the use of acid malt).

If an AHA member, here's a Victory Prima Pils recipe
https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/victory-prima-pils-clone/

Not an AHA member at this time. This one about right?
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/445497/prima-pils-clone

I'm Asheville for 3 days for a small vacation.. White labs flight . Frankenstout with a 96 yeast blend, helles, and two dark lagers. The wife got a tom yum yum mixed drink. It's awesome too. Taste like drinking thai food with vodka in it haha.
PXL_20210605_181150338.jpg

I'm Asheville for 3 days for a small vacation.. White labs flight . Frankenstout with a 96 yeast blend, helles, and two dark lagers. The wife got a tom yum yum mixed drink. It's awesome too. Taste like drinking thai food with vodka in it haha.
View attachment 731343

I wanna do the yeast side by sides. I sometimes brew one and split to do that.would be nice to try some professionally brewed beers split out on all their yeasts. Some day :)

Fermenting warmer will give you that banana. I like a 70/30 banana/ Clove ratio myself.
If you try WB-06 and pitch and hold at 75, you’ll should get a good banana aroma and taste, although the taste is not as big as the aroma. Debating pushing to 80 with 1 degree variance but it sells so good now I’m afraid to ruin a good thing.

Back