What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Sour IPA
126275E5-A6D8-48E4-9066-A842025C6DE4.jpeg

About to make my first Kolsch. What is your fermentation schedule out of curiosity?

For that particular batch, the schedule was “set and forget”.

I brewed that at our city house and then went back to the farm for 2 weeks. I don’t have temp control at that place, so, after chilling and pitching the yeast (K-97), I put the fermenter in the tub in the guest bath, put about 8” of 64-65° water in the tub and set thermostat (baseboard heat) to between 60 and 65. Came back in 2 weeks and the beer was done and had dropped crystal clear.

Sometimes, less is more. :cool:

Maibock. Bayern is probably my favorite commercial brewery. They pretty much only brew traditional, German styles. None of their beers have “hazy”, “pastry” or “milkshake” on the label. The owner and the brewmaster are both native Bavarians who apprenticed at the same, 500-year-old brewery.

D279CDA8-0C5E-4A46-9286-B70EF263E7EC.jpeg

For that particular batch, the schedule was “set and forget”.

I brewed that at our city house and then went back to the farm for 2 weeks. I don’t have temp control at that place, so, after chilling and pitching the yeast (K-97), I put the fermenter in the tub in the guest bath, put about 8” of 64-65° water in the tub and set thermostat (baseboard heat) to between 60 and 65. Came back in 2 weeks and the beer was done and had dropped crystal clear.

Sometimes, less is more. :cool:
Nice! I’m using the Wyeast Kolsch yeast. I just heard that one is tricky.

Back