What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the drill... :cask:Boy I need to buy some new glasses!

guld.jpg

Hey camonick, I really like your glasses. Hand-painted/stenciled? Great logo!

Thank you!!!
I use this paint and make stencils with my wife’s vinyl cutter. Apply stencil, brush with paint, remove stencil, let dry for 1 hour then bake in 350° oven to cure paint. I’m still struggling with the timing of removing the stencil... do it too soon and it smears the paint and if it dries too long, it sticks to the stencil and peels off the glass. I’m sure there’s a better way, but I haven’t figured it out yet.

92140C8C-B70E-4D42-B48B-DD72D1F220C6.jpeg

So, did you run with the recipe you posted earlier? Interested to hear how it turns out.
I believe it’s the same

9lb German Pilsner
2lb light Munich
.5lb dark Munich(20L)
.5lb Carafa III
.25lb chocolate Wheat

28 ibus of Hallertau Mittelfrueh
Yeast: 34/70
Water profile: Black balance. My tap water is literally with in 5-10 ppm for each mineral and the mash ph naturally hit 5.45 so no adjustments needed at all which was cool

I’ll certainly keep you posted

Last edited:
Running out of beer. Need this quarantine to stopppppp!
Just read about a possible co2 shortage due to multiple plants shutting down. Some breweries (bells) are saying they have seen no issues with supply yet. Hopefully it's fake news but it was a wtf moment when I started reading......not freaking out just yet but a definite wtf

Just read about a possible co2 shortage due to multiple plants shutting down. Some breweries (bells) are saying they have seen no issues with supply yet. Hopefully it's fake news but it was a wtf moment when I started reading......not freaking out just yet but a definite wtf
I just asked my supplier about the possible shortages and they told me they’ve heard no such thing. Their main office is in Greeley, CO and my local branch is in Sterling. That doesn’t mean things could change in the future I guess.

I just asked my supplier about the possible shortages and they told me they’ve heard no such thing. Their main office is in Greeley, CO and my local branch is in Sterling. That doesn’t mean things could change in the future I guess.
I should have stated that the article was on smart news. Thanks for checking into it. Good to hear, it also helped hearing bells say they weren't having issues yet. However, one thing the article said was that 34 of the 45 ethanol plants that sale co2 have slowed or cut production. Apparently ethanol producers are a key provider of co2 to the food industry according to the article...I dont know if this will affect beer drinkers, breweries and homebrewers at all but I do know that my liver will be pissed if it does. I personally think it's a non issue but who knows. Here's a link to the article
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8232281/Beer-lose-fizz-CO2-supplies-flat-pandemic.html

Last edited:
One fist has (shoot, had...need a refill) a cider, the other golden milk (tumeric milk tea basically; its for a healthy liver and an anti-inflammatory).

Back