What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Vienna Lager while grilling up some burgers
20200316_170153.jpeg

Glad they sell beer everywhere here in Ohio. Still not allowed out to have fun, but still able to stay home and drink.
Closing Beer and Liquor stores tonight in PA for 2 weeks. Was in line for almost a half hour to check out. Was like Black Friday! Guess I will be brewing this weekend.

View attachment 671242 View attachment 671243

What a Monday of day 1 of forced work at home. Worked 2 days under my own judgement last week to stay home. Got guilted to drive in today by management. Of a team of four, wanna guess how many made it in? Oh and no txt or email saying that altho they wanted u in on monday, that in fact they were going to stay home.

Was thinking now is no better time to raid the cellar soon. Who knew it would come so soon

Oh and the contractors arrived and ripped the front and back doors off. It's 39° outside and the wind off the lake is going straight thru the house. May need to warm this up but the cellar is cooold

IMG_20200316_172749.jpeg
IMG_20200316_172756.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad they sell beer everywhere here in Ohio. Still not allowed out to have fun, but still able to stay home and drink.

They now sell it in grocery stores and gas stations but selection isn’t as great. One guy in front of me was carting out a dozen cases of Yuengling Lager. He wasn’t messing around.

02C9BDA3-02BC-4AF6-8C59-E8E7E9F8A1CF.jpeg

Closing Beer and Liquor stores tonight in PA for 2 weeks. Was in line for almost a half hour to check out. Was like Black Friday! Guess I will be brewing this weekend.

View attachment 671242 View attachment 671243

This could just be the event that gets rid of the state stores in PA and allows sales in grocery stores like most of the rest of the US.

When I first moved to Penn State, I walked all over a grocery store looking for beer. Finally asked some one and they looked at me weird and told me there was a special store for alcohol. Then I found a store that sold liquor and wine and walked all over looking for beer. Asked some one and they looked at me weird and said you need a “bottle shop”. Finally find a bottle shop and found out that if I wanted a case of beer I had to go to a distributor. Weird, weird laws there.

Edit: I see you said above they sell in grocery stores now. It’s changed since the dark ages of 2000. :)

Fidge is way to low on pure project. Guess i need to plan a trip to SD. Thank you @jerbrew this murkshake is great. Just enough orange, and plenty vanilla.

Flights are pretty cheap right now I'm sure. I believe some of the Breweries are still letting you get to go beer. Otherwise I have a nice selection of bottles.

Back