What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pilfered 1 can of a 15 pack gifted to one of my buds for helping me move. I've had better but not too bad.
20190921_190020.jpeg

I might have to try this out! Thanks!

I’ve given Tavour a try and am frustrated by their shipping. I was supposed to have a shipment go out Sep 11 and arrive around Sep 18. I got an email on Sep 12 that they had warehouse issues so the shipment is delayed. It finally shipped on Sep 17 and was supposed to arrive Sep 24. Now every day this week I check the status and it’s delayed by another day. Right now it says Friday, but I put the chance of that at less than 50%. The shipping link has said the shipment is in Columbus OH since last Friday, but hasn’t been “received” by the local delivery company in Columbus.

Anyone else run into shipping issues? This is enough to outweigh the chance to get beer I can’t find locally.

Edit: Guy with Tavour emailed and said the carrier misplaced a pallet. They found it while he was on the phone with them. Should be received by the shipping company tomorrow and delivered Friday. I hope so....

They did refund the shipping charge, which was good of them.

Last edited:
I’ve given Tavour a try and am frustrated by their shipping. I was supposed to have a shipment go out Sep 11 and arrive around Sep 18. I got an email on Sep 12 that they had warehouse issues so the shipment is delayed. It finally shipped on Sep 17 and was supposed to arrive Sep 24. Now every day this week I check the status and it’s delayed by another day. Right now it says Friday, but I put the chance of that at less than 50%. The shipping link has said the shipment is in Columbus OH since last Friday, but hasn’t been “received” by the local delivery company in Columbus.

Anyone else run into shipping issues? This is enough to outweigh the chance to get beer I can’t find locally.
Sorry to hear this. I'm about three years in and haven't had a single issue.

I've got a Trippel here that has turned out to my liking. It has balanced flavor and alcohol (11.5%). This is only five weeks from the brew date. The beer is lighter than it appears in the photo but it is cloudy. I'm wondering if that's the MJ M-41? I usually use just T-58 but I did a pack of each for this batch. I haven't had the monster attenuation though with T-58 that I've gotten with the help of M-41 (1.012 vs 1.017). This particular bottle is at room temp and popped when I opened the flip-top. Once I'm satisfied with carbonation, I'll store it at 55F-66F. This will clear it well enough, in my opinion. Then it's into the fridge for a week or so prior to drinking. I'm not concerned about clarity, specifically, but I'm okay with an attractive product.
wk2 belgian.jpg

“An IPA with no Boil hops”? Sounds interesting...so no bitterness and strong aromatics? I’m confused by picturing that taste. Cool can though haha
It's very good. Quite typical of New England IPAs which make use of late boil or no-boil hops. and instead concentrate them in the whirlpool and dry hop.

@TwistedGray pluot sour. Forgive me as I'm not good at reviews. Very funky on the nose. Light body. Very fruity without being overkill. Tart but not overly sour. Very refreshing. I could see this being great on a hot summer day. All in all, good beer!View attachment 645763

Not bad for bring nearly non-alcoholic, I think.

Latest posts

Back