What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spotted this at my local Sprouts, and I've never had a lambic although I love sours, so I had to try it. Wow. I love it! Tastes like a tart off-dry fruit cider more than a beer, but that's not a bad thing in my book.

Anyone know if I can harvest the bugs from this?

View attachment 636033

You probably can. But find a Boon or another and you can do better. Hell get some Jester King. Welcome to the dark side.

IMG_5752.JPG

Trains > Cars

For those of you that use strawberries I’m wondering what your amount added is and how you add them? I’m going to try strawberries for the first time in my vanilla cream ale ( I normally use raspberries). I want big strawberry flavor and was thinking about cooking 5lbs down and racking on top of that for a few days. Batch size is 5.5 gallons.

For those of you that use strawberries I’m wondering what your amount added is and how you add them? I’m going to try strawberries for the first time in my vanilla cream ale ( I normally use raspberries). I want big strawberry flavor and was thinking about cooking 5lbs down and racking on top of that for a few days. Batch size is 5.5 gallons.

I'd slice into fours (wedge cut) after pitting, freeze, then put into fermenter post fermentation (presumably a similar process to your raspberries). With all fruit a 1lb:1gal ratio is good (adjust as needed).

I'd slice into fours (wedge cut) after pitting, freeze, then put into fermenter post fermentation (presumably a similar process to your raspberries). With all fruit a 1lb:1gal ratio is good (adjust as needed).
Yep, I wash, vacuum seal and freeze the raspberries after picking, then thaw and smash up before adding to fermentor. Thanks for the response because I never would have thought about pitting the strawberries.

Nice breakfast! PTE was on tap last week. They're getting a lot of RR up there. Now they have the RR saison.

I'm currently at work daydreaming. Weekend is suppose to get above 100° and it's currently 64° up in Rangeley. Portland is my break stop before banking sharp north.

https://www.rangeleymaine.com/rangeley/webcams
Saturday can't come fast enough...@TBC has pretty much solidified me making a pit stop in Portland before heading up to Point Sebago.

Keep em' coming @TBC

Yep, I wash, vacuum seal and freeze the raspberries after picking, then thaw and smash up before adding to fermentor. Thanks for the response because I never would have thought about pitting the strawberries.

I doubt pitting will be needed, but I just figured the pit itself doesn't taste like anything anyways. Might as well pitch it :)

Back