What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scotch again, just picked this limited edition up today and its damn good!
20190218_172212.jpeg

@pshankstar did wind up going into Beer Tree, just enough time to get a 4 pack! Wish I had more time it looks cool and beers looked solid. We may just have to work out a side trade one of these days, especially if you keep getting OH

@pshankstar did wind up going into Beer Tree, just enough time to get a 4 pack! Wish I had more time it looks cool and beers looked solid. We may just have to work out a side trade one of these days, especially if you keep getting OH

Ah you are talking about the Neapolitan Shake I had last night. No I didn't get it from Beer Tree, but instead Mortalis who they did the collaboration brew with. Beer Tree I won't be able to get to for a few more months. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from me whereas Mortalis is a 25-30 minute drive. My in-laws live about 30 minutes away from Beer Tree so I do plan to try and make it out there when we visit them in a couple of months. On top of this Mortalis usually sells out very quickly and they have only done a couple of cans recently. Usually they just do crowler releases on Thursdays and Sundays which are the two hardest days for me to make it out there. A friend of mine was at Mortalis and got a 4-pack to share with me of the Neapolitan Shake. I kept one and the other can was in my FotD offer, which @afro_lou selected.

Other Half is a whole other story. They are opening a second location about a 7 minute drive away from me (30 minutes by bicycle). Currently they are only doing can and bottle sales on Fridays and/or Saturdays while they renovate the building (the old Nedloh's brewery). They hope to open this location in about a month but that may get pushed back, for they wanted to open by now and still have a lot to do. They plan to focus on their sour program at this location but will still have their IPAs which they are known for. Here a link to what they are saying about this location in East Bloomfield, NY (about 30 minutes south of Rochester, NY). https://otherhalfbrewing.com/rochester-ny For a while I was going to the OH releases frequently, but I passed on the last two since my fridge is stocked and I knew I had some beer trades coming. I still had to resist the urge to go. I will say, I have been grabbing some of the OH stouts and cellaring them, and drinking one here and there. I've been impressed with their stouts and figured they can age well given the high ABV of them.

If you are ever interested in a side trade, shoot me a PM. If I can make it work (three trades in a week already FotD, FotHB & a side trade) adds up quickly. But I am always willing to make it happen, it may take some time so it does not affect the wallet too much. ;) Cheers!

IMG_3268.JPG

Super dry, almost leaves me with cotton mouth dry.
Feel like I need to rehydrate after every sip. Little bitterness, little melon flavor.
Could only drink 1

Back