What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7177.JPG

HB West Coast ipa

All bottled up and ready to drop off for the El Dorado HB Comp.
Fingers crossed!

Monday nite was one of those bucket list beer nights.
Four friends gathered to share some blue chip brews.
Up first was a bottle of Samichlaus Helles from Austria, hazy dull yellow caramel color with a pronounced taste of Belgium candy 14% quite sweet. Second was Samichlaus Classic. Poured clear dark brown and tasted of honey raisin and again like Belgium candy and at 14%.
Third was the long waited FFF Zombie Dust, Citra Bomb. Having never had the commercial version my only reference to this was the clone recipe offered here by Skeezerpleezer which is close to spot on. Probably my very favorite recipe that I have made several times now.
Fourth was another I have never tasted, Pliney the Elder. 8% Imperial IPA double. Expecting a grapefruit slam, instead I was delightfully surprised finding a super clean, superbly balanced resinous grapefruit and perfection in a glass. I had a few ounces of each of these and the Samichlaus verities were both out of a walk in cooler where they have rested for 10 years. They would have been even better if following a good meal but special never the less. The Pliney was perhaps the finest brewing I have experienced but the Zombie Dust was killer and so very anticipated. Cheers!

2x LHBS Cream Ale w/cascade. Could call in and drink this all day. Gave samples of my NEIPA also. View attachment 607426
Your LHBS apparently has much better offerings than mine does. Their non-beer HB's (mead, wine) are generally good. Last several times I went to the "big" shop in Houston I was surprised by how bad the kegged homebrew was. I've sewered better beer.
Ok, my jealous rant is over.

HB Noble Kolsch
It's not ready yet, but I had to pull a sample.
It still needs to lager for another 2-3 weeks, and it's been slow carbing for a couple of days.
It's good though.
20190115_171550.jpeg

Your LHBS apparently has much better offerings than mine does. Their non-beer HB's (mead, wine) are generally good. Last several times I went to the "big" shop in Houston I was surprised by how bad the kegged homebrew was. I've sewered better beer.
Ok, my jealous rant is over.
Im a lucky boy! That was my lunch.

20190115_193446_Burst01.jpeg
20190115_195830.jpeg

Care to post your water profile. It's been suggested to me as I taste something odd that apparently no one does...kinda plastic.

Yeah brother. I have a really good well (got lucky). So I make minimal adjustments. But my important numbers are Cl : 180-200 So4 : 80-100 and Ca 70-80. Just depends on the water table

Back