What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told a sales rep for large and well known local brewery his red ale. Technically now his Irish red ale is a tried and true amber, and argued the point, 19A is his malt bill and dude had a spaz attack but misnomer branding erks me and my manager saw this haha.

Blew up on him bc feeling like trash, I'm going home sick I have a head cold and today blows

Water.

Love the name! we always call our Aussie Cattle dog "Dingo"

That's what we calls ours too- that's s good looking dog y'all have. I never knew how much like dingos they actually look like.

Water. 2 days of water. I need to fix that

Love the name! we always call our Aussie Cattle dog "Dingo"

That's what we calls ours too- that's s good looking dog y'all have. I never knew how much like dingos they actually look like.

Water. 2 days of water. I need to fix that

Thanks! He has 2 perfect circles on his side.

Love the dogs, so smart and loyal!

That's great. I named it on-a-whim, and while smacked, as I usually name my home brews. This one had both New Zealand and Aussie hops (Nelson and Galaxy, respectively). Hence the name.

I need a beer. Sea Hag it is.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1489348863.154279.jpg

HB imperial stout with oak, bourbon, vanilla, and coffee. Comes in at 12%. Been in bottles for about 8 months now and is just now getting to be really good. Time to make another batch for next year...

IMG_20170312_170403_zps5nlkyajy.jpg

That looks amazing! Do you mind sharing the recipe?

Sure, I made this batch to test out my Kegging system. I'm convinced that is the reason it looks so good. I made this batch a little less bitter and hoppy. It is for my buddy who is in a band and having a backyard concert in a couple of weeks. Here you go @pshankstar

5gal Batch Size

OG: 1.077
FG: 1.011
abv: 8.8%

I used Anaheim water which is pretty hard with a Camden tablet.

11# 2-Row
3# MO

4 gal mash at 158f for 60 min
3.5 gal batch sparge at 185f

FWH 0.3oz Mosaic + 0.3oz Galaxy

60 min boil

Boil hops 0.7oz Mosaic + 0.3oz Galaxy (30 min)

12oz Belgium Candy sugar post boil (left over sugar to bump the abv)

US-05 yeast ferment @ 67f 14 days

Dry hop using muslin bags

DryHop1 1.5oz Mosaic + 0.4oz Galaxy (10 Days)

DryHop2 1.5oz Mosaic (4 Days)

Remove dry hops and cold crash 4 days.

Keg and carb. :mug:

Victory 21st birthday IPA / single that I picked up the other day.

Pretty good. Definitely getting some resinous notes from the Chinook and grapefruit / dankness from mosaic and centennial combo !

Switching back and forth between a Bier de Garde with French Saison Yeast and a Honey/Grapefruit ale fermented with WL 002. Already had too many pints for a Sunday afternoon....they just go down too easy....

Back