What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Warmer to go with the pizza I baked. I better slow down - we are suppose to go on a dinner date tonight.

S C O R E!

We are up at Mount Totumas Cloud Forest Lodge (remote ecolodge near the Panama/Costa Rica border, owned by a friend, unique ecosystem, spectacular place...one hour on a 4WD only road to get here) for NYE, which is awesome enough, but the sales rep for Casa Bruja is here too and she brought beer! Awesome!

Trying their Brujeria #10 (translation "witches brew"...good name for a brett). Funky, complex, but still quite easy drinking.

What an awesome NYE that was...high in the mountains with craft brew and friends.

View attachment 1451767559998.jpg

Starting the afternoon off with this.

image.jpg

Much better choice tonight. Had one before Christmas, was good. This one. Yup, still good. I don't do much storing for later, but is this one I might be able to hang on to til next fall? If so I might hoard a few. [emoji12]
View attachment 327206

It is a perfectly good porter after a year but in my opinion not nearly as good as they are fresh. The hops and the roasty character go away. It turns into a much less complex brew but stays tasty and gets a hell of a lot softer on the pallet.

Diet Cherry Pepsi with sandwich and Nacho Cheese Doritos delivered to me In bed by SWMBO...because my back is aching and for some reason, she still cares.

1451854350492-1620041115.jpg

Back